Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 01:49 PM   #11
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

I wouldn't mind a thread like this. I don't believe it'll be anything like a "teacher" grading your work. One pic is going to be discussed at a time, and we need a way to decide which is going to be discussed when. PMing pics to Spirits is, IMO, the best way to do this (we could of course post in the thread instead, but that may draw attention from the pic that we were supposed to be discussing/commenting). I doubt there'll be any pics that won't be approved, unless people PM works they're not serious about at all (such as 10 secconds MS Paint creations), or if there are too many pics waiting too be discussed and very many of them by the same artist (tho I guess it's more likely that discussion of some of those would be delayed some instead).

I know I will rather drop Spirits a PM than making a new topic when I've made something (as I usually don't bother making a topic either way [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). And it may make more IWers comment on the art, having one art thread in general discussion, which I wouldn't mind.

Edit:
And of course, no one will, or can, keep anyone from posting their art if it isn't approved... if it doesn't get approved, it just won't be featured in this thread.

I think this will be for more or less finnished work. You may of course make changes to it after getting comments and such, but if you're intending to change something or are far from finished with it, I think it's better if you make those changes or finish it before PMing it.

[ 10-14-2004, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Gnarf ]
Old 10-14-2004, 02:28 PM   #12
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I hate to say this, but I do not think that "approving" an image is the right way to go, if we want to di this, the best way would be to have them PM the picture, and if there are not that many waiting, then put them all up. I do alot of my work really fast, so I do not think speed is really a factor on anything. the rose I drew took me all of 5 minutes to do it. some people can work faster than others and it is wrong to say that just because they only take a few seconds to draw it they are not putting their heart into it. I think the main problem is that this is turning out to be just like the art section but with restrictions perhaps you should take the feedback and improve on the spirits [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2004, 03:12 PM   #13
Spirits forever

okay,, first, this isn't the same thing as the art section and it this one does have more traffic, the reason is, not to just give simple comments, it's to for everyone to see quality art, (and yeah that's depends on opinio) and have a DISCUSSIon on it, not just say, "its good" and i did say it have flaws in it, and if any of you have been in the art section, that is the type of comments u get, And this one 's main purpose is to help to get the artist improve, and to others get intrested in art, and Rev Ruby , the reason i said to pm me, is so that the art will have a thumbnail view and on the first post, so that everyone can see it, and yeah like i said there are flaws, but If you don't want to participate, no one's forcing you to, but lets not have this thread become a whole Bash at sprits idea thread..

And stormy, not everyone is here at the same time, and if there's only one picture here, then it'll be one intense conversation, on one, rather than weak conversation on many,

basically we want to get the artist thinking and on a higher level,

and we dont want drawings that look like 5 min works on paint, like gnarf said., and speed isn't a factor, depending on the drawing the time of discussion will depend, i have not mentioned time at all..i think.

okay..any more, or can we begin XD

Old 10-14-2004, 07:42 PM   #14
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I'd just like to add something to this. Ok, you are saying that only quality can be shown, but what you see as quality and others see as quality can be an entirely different thing. I see what your are trying to do here, but why not make it freeform? Anyone posts a pic of what they want. You could work a queuing system or something, but remember, this is a forum, with and arts section, so wouldn't it just be easier to post a link to the art you want comments on? That way everyone gets their own thread.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:59 PM   #15
Spirits forever

yes, that is very true, it does depend on opinion, ^_^;;

well, the problem with free from is it'd be no different than the arts section, and..that's where it's different...you know how they say "i don't care how you do it, as long its good" well you've probably never heard it, but that's what my old art teacher used to tell us, and basically thats what i'm trying to go by, i mean instead of many weak discussion, one concentrated conversation would do more good for the artist, and yah, that's a point for this, it's to help the artist.

Old 10-15-2004, 10:09 AM   #16
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

it sounds great and all, but as i said we could easily post a poll about the arts section and/or create signatures that ask for attention to the arts section. when we post a picture there we can ask for serious criticism. besides i dunno about you, but i like the criticism more from people who do art and live it and breathe it, rather than the general populace. when a peice is perfected i love all attention, but until i am satified with it, no.

i realize you are not forcing anyone to participate, i just htink it is a waste of thread space when we've got a whole forum dedicated to art.

and if i wanted to bash you spirits i would be, i am just saying it's not a full thought out idea with many flaws, that i beleive will discourage the majority of artists on this board. i could be wrong. but i will back out of this thread now, shut my mouth and just enjoy my life without worrying about it.