Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2001, 01:02 PM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Wulfere, this story is pretty scary, I've gone around all day, jumping at every creaking floorboard or other sudden sound please don't post such scary stuff again.
Old 10-15-2001, 04:07 PM   #12
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

bump. C'mon peeps! Where are your ghost stories?

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-15-2001, 04:19 PM   #13
Kaz

I think I'm going to have to stay up all night again on account of being afraid.
Old 10-15-2001, 04:30 PM   #14
mitsos

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S P O O K Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2001, 04:42 PM   #15
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Well, this may not be spectacular, but it still raises my hackles (not a pretty sight, I assure you) LOL!

When I was about 12, I ended up being friends with the daughter of one of my father's friends. She was about 15 and interested in 'spirits'. So much so that she obtained a Ouija board. (Oooh! There go those chills!) Anyhoo - we got up to no good one night with her and some of her other friends. There were four or five of us all crowded into her room with the board on the bed and us gathered around. The older girls decided they wanted to see if there were any 'spirits' around as some odd things had been happening in the house lately. We did as we were supposed to: everyone with a finger on the 'pointer'. Adrianne started asking "are there any spirits in this house?" Well, the pointer 'moved' to the 'YES', but we were all kind of sceptical. We knew that you could 'move' and 'influence' the pointer and others wouldn't notice it. She asked again "are you a good spirit?" The pointer didn't move. She asked "are you an evil spirit?" - the pointer moved to 'yes'. She asked the final 'question': "if there is really an evil spirit present here, give us a sign."

Promptly - one of the girl's purses levitated up out of the chair across the room, floated out about two feet from the chair and dumped the purse upside down, spilling the contents into the floor.

Needless to say, we immediately put the board away (never to be touched again) and left the room.

In other news, I won't EVEN go into some of the strange behavior two of my cats (they were related) use to exhibit. Their antics made Poltergeist look like a comedy.

*DragonMage - off to hide quivering under the covers now*

Edited for content as I didn't remember it all correctly until I read what I wrote.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old 10-15-2001, 04:43 PM   #16
Sorcerer Alex

This is a true story....

One night, about seven months ago, I was driving back home on my scooter at around 2am after a night out with my friends. I had to drive through a forest, with a narrow path running through it. Now this patch of forest is only about six miles accross and I'd driven through it several times before, and nothing strange had happened. But that one night, I was almost at the end of forest when I suddenly looked towards my left and saw a huge, white, illuminated horse. It's shoulders were over six feet tall and it looked incredibly impressive. I stopped my scooter, got off, and just stood there for about fifteen seconds, mesmorized, in total awe of this beautious creature. Then it suddenly dashed away to the right, and vanished into nothing.

This is the only paranormal experience I've ever had and I'm a pretty down-to-earth kinda guy, but isn't this just so weird?

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

[This message has been edited by Sorcerer Alex (edited 10-15-2001).]

Old 10-15-2001, 05:36 PM   #17
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Come on folks lets see some more. I love what I have seen so far and hope that it gets us all into the Halloween spirit.

BOO !!!

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 10-15-2001, 05:38 PM   #18
Fljotsdale

This isn't mine, its my dad's and only short and not scary at all to me, or my dad. He sorta got used to it.

When he was a boy his family lived in an old converted abbey building. The staircase rose directly from the front door. Above the door was what is called (I think) a transom window. The original stained glass was gone, replaced by plain glass.
Sometimes that window was just plain glass. Sometimes it showed a monk - head and shoulders, who would watch anyone coming down the stairs. Dad said it didn't look nasty in any way. It was just a monk, looking solemn.
Odd, huh?

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-15-2001, 06:18 PM   #19
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Very odd indeed.

I have another story from a former High School English Teacher.

Mr. Wilks taught the English College Prep courses at my high school. He was
a small fellow and very easy to talk to. During class one October he asked us to tell him our own scary stories, when we finished he told us his.

He had landed his first teaching job in California. He and his wife bought their first home a year after he started teaching and it was of course a fixer-upper.
From the first, he said, strange things happened. Lights would come on at night while they slept. The refrigerator would open by itself while they were in the room. The stove would turn off and on at odd times. Once a frying pan of bacon that would have fallen off the stove and burned his wife, slid by itself to the back grate. The burner it had been on shut off. They gradually got used to all this and thought that the whole thing was very cool.

Several years later he was offered another teaching job elsewhere in the state.
He accepted and they began packing for the move. This seemingly made their resident ghost angry. While they were discussing the move the doors in the house began to slam shut. The door to the fridge swung open with enough force to cause all of the items in the door shelves to fly out and onto the floor.
As they stared at all this something hit him in the head knocking him to the floor. His wife later told him that the heavy, clay flour canister they kept on top of the cupboard had flown across the room and smashed into the back of his head. He had been knocked unconscious by the blow and was taken to the Hospital for stitches.

When they returned to the house they sat down and started talking to thier ghost. They explained that they had to move and that they were indeed very sad to leave he/she/it behind. All of the things they had gotten used to stopped that day. They moved out a month later.

Several years after that, they were moving once again. This time to their brand new home near Santana High School. That was my high school by the way. When they started to see things happening in the new house. Their old friend was back. It had apparently skipped the second house, but shown up at this new one.
He was not afraid of it. They had an understanding he said.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 10-15-2001, 06:21 PM   #20
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Wulfere:
Very odd indeed.

I have another story from a former High School English Teacher.

Mr. Wilks taught the English College Prep courses at my high school. He was
a small fellow and very easy to talk to. During class one October he asked us to tell him our own scary stories, when we finished he told us his.

He had landed his first teaching job in California. He and his wife bought their first home a year after he started teaching and it was of course a fixer-upper.
From the first, he said, strange things happened. Lights would come on at night while they slept. The refrigerator would open by itself while they were in the room. The stove would turn off and on at odd times. Once a frying pan of bacon that would have fallen off the stove and burned his wife, slid by itself to the back grate. The burner it had been on shut off. They gradually got used to all this and thought that the whole thing was very cool.

Several years later he was offered another teaching job elsewhere in the state.
He accepted and they began packing for the move. This seemingly made their resident ghost angry. While they were discussing the move the doors in the house began to slam shut. The door to the fridge swung open with enough force to cause all of the items in the door shelves to fly out and onto the floor.
As they stared at all this something hit him in the head knocking him to the floor. His wife later told him that the heavy, clay flour canister they kept on top of the cupboard had flown across the room and smashed into the back of his head. He had been knocked unconscious by the blow and was taken to the Hospital for stitches.

When they returned to the house they sat down and started talking to thier ghost. They explained that they had to move and that they were indeed very sad to leave he/she/it behind. All of the things they had gotten used to stopped that day. They moved out a month later.

Several years after that, they were moving once again. This time to their brand new home near Santana High School. That was my high school by the way. When they started to see things happening in the new house. Their old friend was back. It had apparently skipped the second house, but shown up at this new one.
He was not afraid of it. They had an understanding he said.

Now that's a cool story, that's the sort of ghost I wouldn't mind having in my house.