Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2001, 09:18 PM   #1
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

OK, I'm going to like this game...

Very intuative interface (I haven't cracked the manual yet) I created a character (Perin LightEye 9the "s" wouldn't fit), my Elven Ranger (Warrior in this game)). I thought you could play a ranger, tho...? I found the armoury, got a bow and arrows. Found Magic shop, but I'm broke.

My question is simple: Is there a known problem with the sound? My game is crackling, and seems to be repeating. Also, should you hear the shopkeeperes speaking, like the first guy when you get out of the Inn?

Thanks for the help, but please, no spoilers...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 09:30 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You can get a quest to become a ranger soon on, RudeDawg.

But just one character? Most people elect for more on their first time through. Get a Wizard and a Priest, at the least. You can have up to 6 characters in your party. It's up to you. I'll tell you now, though...you'll be in trouble if you do a 1-character party with a warrior after you get past Ishad N'ha (2nd town). Can't give any more away than that.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 09:32 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry...about your other question...

Some soundcards have difficulty with the game. You can try monkeying with the sound settings in the Options screen (lower left corner of the screen, computer icon). Also...the shopkeepers are silent (text talk only). Given how much they talk, perhaps it's just as well. The NPC's outside of towns, though, have full speech capability.

One hint (no spoilers): Talk to the Mayor in the Town Hall before leaving town. He'll have a quest for you (Bounty). That should get you started.

-Sazerac
Old 05-10-2001, 09:34 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You can play a ranger - you just cannot start out as a ranger. Join the guilds and when you have a character ready you can change class in the guild (you do have to do a quest too!)

Did you do a full install??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 09:38 PM   #5
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Nope, did the small install until I get my new HD next week...

C'mon, Saz, you know I solo in games... so my next question is:

Can a first-timer solo this game, or is a party necessary the first time through...?

Also, should I RTFM ??? Is it worth it?

------------------

The RudeDawg
Old 05-10-2001, 09:49 PM   #6
Moni

Go ahead and try a solo but chances are you'll come back to pick up a couple of buddies.
RTFM, it is worth it.

Moni
Old 05-10-2001, 10:39 PM   #7
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

DAMMIT !!!

OK, how do you save? <---- never mind. I RTFM. I was still in the village...

------------------

The RudeDawg

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old 05-10-2001, 10:57 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You can solo first time through, but be prepared to change your role several times, as you'll be needing different schools of magic.

Suggestion: If you're going to solo, create an Elven Wizard, then take him to Ranger if you want a ranger. (HINT: it's the only way to get Stone magic unless you want to wait until almost endgame).

-Sazerac
Old 05-10-2001, 10:59 PM   #9
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
You can solo first time through, but be prepared to change your role several times, as you'll be needing different schools of magic.

Suggestion: If you're going to solo, create an Elven Wizard, then take him to Ranger if you want a ranger. (HINT: it's the only way to get Stone magic unless you want to wait until almost endgame).

-Sazerac
Thanks. Can I change this character to a Wizard, or should I start over? I got some good stats, I think

------------------

The RudeDawg
Old 05-10-2001, 11:05 PM   #10
Deco
Dungeon Master

You can ascend your Warrior into a Samurai and join the Wizards Guild. Then you can change to Warlock.
Development of your character(s) is one of the best things in this game, if not the best.
Deco is offline   Reply With Quote