Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2003, 03:57 AM   #1
vettori
Welcomed New User

Hi evryone

i re-installed this great game to play it again the furthest i got first time i played was the serpent temple then i had to r-format. but now i started playing again and i'm back up to the serpent temple.

one thoughht i've just had if you kill the npc's and forget to say pick up a key they might of had will the key still be there when you go back ?
vettori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 06:38 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the board Vettori. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Glad you decided to install this great game once more. I have no real clue to your question. I´ll go ahead and say that the key will be there a limited time, like all treasures dropped by NPCs. You will assuredly get some further input from the rest of the crew to help you with this.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:48 AM   #3
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to The Board, vettori !!!!!

Though you've played, this game before
............from this point on.........it's new

We hope, your computer...behaves, this time
..............and lets you..........play it through.

My guess is....that Willow is right.. [img]graemlins/agree.gif[/img] ...None of the key's in the game...are needed in order to finish the game...So, they probably would disappear.

IIRC....the Serpent Temple...is the only place, that you find NPC's, with keys.
If one of them is causing you, a problem....let us know. I'm sure, we can find a way around it.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:40 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, vettori!!!

The key will eventually disappear as do items dropped by monsters after a fight. The only place on the ground that you seem to be able to "store" items is outside the gates. I know this works at Ishad N'ha but I never did try it at the other towns.

Hope you're enjoying your game!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 09:33 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Vettori. May your swords stay sharp and your arrows fly true.

I think the answer to your question is that it depends on the type of item. For example, in one of my games the bauble stick is still sitting on the ground, a short way from Shurugeon Castle. Since it's a required item, it won't disappear. Other things that you find, such as swords, spears, and staves, unless they're part of the central quest, I believe will disappear when you leave the map square. So if you drop something outside the Stout mines and then enter, it will be gone when you get back out.

Something like a key may be considered important enough to keep around, so it may still be there. Was there something in particular you were trying to get to? There may be another way around to it, if you've lost the key.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 02:16 PM   #6
Taski
The Magister

...and it also depends on the fact: Did u picked it up once or left it alone the whole time.

Things u had once in inventory disappear after drop, things u left on the ground will stay forever (or a longer time perhaps).

The "clan invitation" for example remains before the gates of Ishad for the whole time i was playing...
Old 01-14-2003, 08:29 AM   #7
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

G'day vettori,
Welcome to the forum.
Most required items I have dropped have remained where I dropped them for the remainder of the game.
If you find you like this forum go to the "most popular forum" in "user created polls" & vote for it. We currently have 41% of the vote, but would like over 50%.
What part of Oz to you hail from.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:00 AM   #8
vettori
Welcomed New User

i hail from a sunny place called Brisbane.

yeah i've all ready voted [img]tongue.gif[/img]
vettori is offline   Reply With Quote