Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Wizardry 8 Forum

Old 07-08-2003, 12:37 AM   #141
The Procrastinator
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everyone! This is my first post on this board.

My tip: If you don't want to let go a RPC when you reach a region he/she doesn't want to enter, just manage to have him/her unconscious when you make the move. It's particularly easy to do with Saxx when he has a non-combat instrument to exhaust himself. Otherwise, take a long jogging run before entering the region. Alternatively, you can use a portal, but you'll have to enter the region anyway before setting it...

It's funny to hear them complaining about the region they don't like!
The Procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 11:36 AM   #142
Rezdude03
Manshoon

getting around can be a PAIN. even if one or two members knows set/return to portal. how ever, there is a t'rang teleporter in martens bluff that can take you to one of 4 places. the umpani base, upper martens bluff, rapax rift and that unenterable house on arnika/trynton road. set a portal at the teleporter. this is great for alternating through missions between the umpani and the t'rang. if somebody else knows set portal, set it at yamir's quarters. I found THAT is also a pain to get to. The t'rang teleporter area is also perfect for storing the giant silver nugget. search lower marten's bluff untill u find a 4 faced idol that shoots arrows. continue across the room and it will dump u down stairs again. the teleporter is not too far but you will need the red and yellow to use it manually. this can be found in martens bluff.
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Rezdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 06:36 AM   #143
sultan

Without spellbook bonuses, bishops can have a hard time keeping all the spellbooks up with their class level. So it pays to know which spells to cast to specifically work on a given spellbook.

Below is a list of spells I've compiled that are spellbook specific. Any omissions or errors are my own.

Note: only spells through level 5 are listed as the early development is often where difficulty lies and because all level 6 and 7 spells are spellbook specific except for Banish, Resurrection, and Turncoat.

Alchemist
(1) Acid Splash, Itching Skin
(2) Blinding Flash, Dracon Breath, Razor Cloak
(3) n/a
(4) Acid Bomb, Fire Bomb, Ring of Fire
(5) Body of Stone, Toxic Cloud

Mage
(1) Energy Blast, Frost
(2) Enchant Blade, Magic Missile, Missile Shield
(3) Fireball, Freeze Flesh, Shadow Hound
(4) Iceball, X-ray
(5) Dehydrate, Freeze All

Psionicist
(1) Mind Stab
(2) Insanity, Slow
(3) Hypnotic Lure, Mindread, Psionic Fire
(4) Ego Whip, Eye for an Eye, Haste
(5) Psionic Blast

Priest
(1) Bless, Make Wounds
(2) Guardian Angel, Holy Water
(3) Armorplate, Magic Screen, Rest All
(4) Superman, Whirlwind
(5) Heal All

From the list, it's easy to see how to initially select two spells from different spellbooks in order to develop a more balanced Bishop.

[ 07-16-2003, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: sultan ]
Old 07-16-2003, 07:52 AM   #144
Rezdude03
Manshoon

to add to what Sazerac said, in the first series of tips, about bards, get a female bard. they can use the locket of reflextion and the neklace of endurance. so your bard not only does all these cool spells at the highest level but they are draining less stamina. and both items may appear early in the game (they did for me ).
thanx for the tip Sazerac! the bard is very handy in my party.
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Old 07-16-2003, 10:45 AM   #145
Rezdude03
Manshoon

if u want sum more xp after the savant's bomb is deactivated, ask Braffit about the bomb. he will thank u and give u xp.
Old 07-17-2003, 03:15 PM   #146
Rezdude03
Manshoon

have your character studying mage learn enchanted blade and magic missles so they get their divine magic high, early. do the same thing with alchemists only teach them heal wounds. why get up divine magic? to use summon elemental of cource! that is by far my faorite spell.

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 03:31 PM   #147
Rezdude03
Manshoon

do not do the final mission for the umpani or trang before you save drazic and rodan. if you do, they will not join and the alliance is ruined (but is kinda funny what rodan says).
Old 07-21-2003, 01:30 AM   #148
SecretMaster
Apophis

In Rynjin, when you get the Helazoid flag, give Braffit the flag. You don't get to much XP, but hey, every bit helps.

[ 07-21-2003, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: SecretMaster ]
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:51 PM   #149
Rezdude03
Manshoon

Milano Calzone is very easy to beat, even if you are at a low level. If you kill him, you may recieve a theive's dagger. But it may help to run from Don Barlone after this if you are at a low level (but make sure Don Barlone has the Astral Dominae before doing all this.)

And by the way Secret Master, Sazerac said ONE tip per post. You had better hope he does not find out.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:46 PM   #150
SecretMaster
Apophis

Combat Tip
If you see enemies coming toward you, run to a crevice. Then wait a bit until you know they are near. Initiate combat, cast a fireball and surprise and soulshield and such.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote