Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-27-2004, 01:38 AM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

So im taking these classes on baking...
anyhow today we taste tested various chocolates
many of them really sucked...
but some of them were absolutely to die for!

Carmaduja for example is a chocolate that is very nutty in flavor and is a really rich creamy type chocolate (to me its texture is a lot like a mousse)

white modeling chocolate tastes a lot like almond paste & chocolate
note, dark modeling chocolate tastes much much worse than white - very versatile art chocolate

couverture chocolate blanc and dark tasted very nicely chocolatey

Prima coating chocolate - nice choc taste, texturally a mixture of couverture and normal coating chocolate (not too stiff, not too soft - a good artwork chocolate)

Pate a glacer - the dark one tastes deliciously nutty, the white one is awful; melts in your mouth very quickly; similar to the carmaduja but a different nut taste - this is a coating chocolate

milk chocolate is a very different chocolate flavor, definate easter taste

Note: couverture is a style of chocolate that uses cocoa butter as the main fat; the chocolate should be rather stiff and snap rather than bend; there are many brands of this chocolate - the one that tasted the best was chocolate de couverture noire pistoles and chocolate couverture blanc en pistoles. I think theyre made by the same company as the boxes had similar designs on them. you have to temper this type of chocolate

second note:
Coating chocolate is made with vegetable oil - it has a distinctly different flavor from couverture chocolate and it will bend before it breaks. You dont have to temper this type of chocolate.

third note:
i cant for the life of me find any of them on the net...ill ask the teacher next week where he gets it from.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Cool.... the path to becoming a chocolate connoisseur...

There's no such thing as too much chocolate. There is such thing as too little...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:01 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

oohhh.. chocolates.. mmmm... .

Catch me if you can..