Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-10-2001, 10:26 AM   #1
Hanz123
The Magister

What's up with this:

I'm in the underdark and every time I go through the Mind Flayer Dungeon
I lose items. First time I miraculously lost the silver sword blade (I never even tought it since I got it and I still had it in the save before entering the dungeon), second time I lost the silver sword blade and the wave halberd top altogether. And now I lost the ring of fire control you get from figthing that dwarf in some cell! I remember picking it up (having an open place in my invetory) and after a reload it's gone! It's not on the dwarf anymore or anywhere else. Does anyone know what is going on here?
Old 07-10-2001, 10:52 AM   #2
Entreri
Manshoon

If you always take things on the ground, your character will throw away anything in his slots to take the new items on the ground. Or you were targeted by a fear spell or something like that and you do have a minor chance to drop things I think. Best recommendation, put all your stuff in the bag of holding. Do you have the last patch too?? maybe that will help.

last thing to do, shadow keeper and hack the game to take all that back.

------------------

Maybe it's because I hate drows more than I hate Humans - Jarlaxle to Entreri
Old 07-10-2001, 10:53 AM   #3
Entreri
Manshoon

Wo, just read that, you said Reload ?? hope that you SAVE first because you lose all that.
Old 07-10-2001, 11:06 AM   #4
Hanz123
The Magister

Yes I have a permanent save right before I enter the dungeon (and where I still have everyting) so not to big a deal there thankfully. But if you pick something while your invetory is full you get a message "invetory full", and that way all the onther stuff should be on the the ground (for example on the dwarf) where I can find them, all of which is not the case! The fear thing is a possiblity though, althoug I don't think it would happen three times in a row. I will check though.
Old 07-10-2001, 12:24 PM   #5
Vampire

Despite playing Bg2 7 times I still loose things! No bug just careless.
Don't drop things on the floor ever! Download pouches for ammo to save running out of space!
Old 07-10-2001, 09:35 PM   #6
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Despite playing Bg2 7 times I still loose things! No bug just careless.
Don't drop things on the floor ever! Download pouches for ammo to save running out of space!
Pouches for ammo? Never heard of that before. What's that?

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-10-2001, 11:50 PM   #7
Darviathar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is a definite pain in the ass. I've miraculously lost my glasses of ID 2 or 3 times. The Equalizer pommel gem was spirited away somehow as well. A good ways into TOB, I discover that Edwin's Rings of Wizardy have vanished into thin air as well. In most cases, these are items tossed down by my main PC after he picked up something new, but in the case of Edwin's rings, I cannot say. He is killed all the time, but those rings are pretty easy to spot, and definitely not something I'm just going to leave sitting on the ground for laughs.