Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-09-2001, 10:16 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

who is familiar with vampire's lore here?

question:
who is the founder of vampire clan? (yes, Forgetten Realm ONLY) where is he from? how did he become a vampire? why did he become a vampire? and when? did the gods approve?

please offer hints/answers, thanks
Old 03-10-2001, 08:34 AM   #2
Raistlin
Manshoon

See the reason this post went unanswered is that you are asking a question
that is beyond the scope of the game. Everyone here is or has played BG/BGII,
You are soliciting information that appears to come from having read books,
many people here may not be into reading DND just playing. I myself have read
quite a few books over the years, however i do not remember the lore. Memnoch appears to have a good handle on the lore thing, I assume he is referencing one or two good sources for his info. I have asked him what he looks at but, lost the thread it was on and don't know the answer.
Now that I have typed all this I seem to remember that you could read the books found on bookcases for background/history info. I never read them as it took up valuable killing time.
Bump

------------------

Balance
Old 03-10-2001, 08:40 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin:
See the reason this post went unanswered is that you are asking a question
that is beyond the scope of the game. Everyone here is or has played BG/BGII,
You are soliciting information that appears to come from having read books,
many people here may not be into reading DND just playing. I myself have read
quite a few books over the years, however i do not remember the lore. Memnoch appears to have a good handle on the lore thing, I assume he is referencing one or two good sources for his info. I have asked him what he looks at but, lost the thread it was on and don't know the answer.
Now that I have typed all this I seem to remember that you could read the books found on bookcases for background/history info. I never read them as it took up valuable killing time.
Bump

thank you, but i ve already looked up. believe or not, i read a brief intro about Ravenloft, AD&D 2e monster hand book, as well as some research on internet, the answer is no. they seemed to spawn out of no where
the closest answer i got is vampire is made by a curse from the god... which is a well-known idea.

Old 03-10-2001, 08:43 AM   #4
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

In the realm, I din't recall reading who was the first... But In Ravenloft! I lord Strahd Von Zarovich am the first Vampire!

------------------
I have three laws in Barovia... 1) Thieves will be killed by my hand 2) All rumors claimaing, I killed my brother to get his fiancee are false
3)All magic will be surendered to me
Old 03-10-2001, 08:59 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Strahd Von Zarovich:
In the realm, I din't recall reading who was the first... But In Ravenloft! I lord Strahd Von Zarovich am the first Vampire!

ok, let me give you a history:
After the one above bansihed Adam and Eve from land of Eden to land of Nod, Adam had his first two chrildren. the brother's name was Caine, with sharp things, and the second boy's name was Abel, the animal carer.

When Adam asked Caine and Abel to make sacrifices to the One Above. Caine brought his lovely plants and burned them, and Abel killed his dear animals and burned them. Adam was pleased by Abel's sacrifice, and angered by Caine.

The second time, when it was time to make sacrifice again, Caine did not bring anything. Abel asked:" brother, why didn't you have anything? you were suppposed to bring the first part of your joy and sacrifice it to our dear father." Caine cried, and he made his sacrifice, a true sacrifice to him. his first part of joy, his brother Abel.

Adam was angered:" cursed you are, you killed your brother. As I was cast out, and so shall you be!" Then Caine was casted out to other part of Land of Nod, he was terrified, huger and cold.

Mother of Magic Lilith came to him, and feed him, clothed him, and hosted him. Caine was amazed by Lilith's ability, and he asked to be granted the same power. Lilith loved caine then, she did his biding. She cut herself, and let Caine drink her blood. Caine drunk the blood, and he was banished to hell!

In hell, he experienced horrors beyond anything, and went through pains and struggles.

Then the next day, Wielder of Fire, Michael, came, he said:" Son of Adam, Son of Eve, thy crime is great, and yet the mercy of my Father is also great. Will you not repent the evil that you have done, and let his mercy wash you clean?"

Caine said:" Not by the One Above's grace, but mine own, will I live, in pride."

Michael then cursed him, saying:" Then, for as long as you walk this earth, you and your children will fear my living flame, and it will bite deep and savor your flesh"

Then the following day came the Son God, and Angle pf Death. They both cursed Caine with darkness and immortaility. the forth day, Arch angel Gabreil came, and asked one last time if Caine wanted forgiveness. Caine refused, and then his power awoke. Thus the first vampire, the Father of all kindred, the First ruler of Enoch the First City, the founder of 13 clans, Caine the Wanderer walked the earth...
Old 03-10-2001, 09:38 AM   #6
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Vampires in Forgetton realms problaby came the same way Liches did, by spells.
Old 03-10-2001, 09:39 AM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
Vampires in Forgetton realms problaby came the same way Liches did, by spells.

ah huh, i dont think so. liches had nearly no weakness. vampire is a curse, not magic
Old 03-10-2001, 10:39 PM   #8
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Spells can go wrong, a mispronaction, flawed part, or even a acdental gester and blamo a vampire. It bites someone, another vamp, they bite another person each, 4 vamp etc......a freaking undead eperdimic. One wrong spell and a thounad vamps created by in a few vamp genrations.
Old 03-10-2001, 10:51 PM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
Spells can go wrong, a mispronaction, flawed part, or even a acdental gester and blamo a vampire. It bites someone, another vamp, they bite another person each, 4 vamp etc......a freaking undead eperdimic. One wrong spell and a thounad vamps created by in a few vamp genrations.

vampire is NOT created by spells
Old 03-10-2001, 10:54 PM   #10
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Oh and what about the magical potion called Tuanta Quiro Miancy? It turned the drinker in to a vampire.