Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2001, 05:23 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Sword of one thousand souls

Description:

There was once a immensly powerful necromecor named 250 (change the name to a fantasy name). He practiced a hellish rutine that he believed could grant him power. Every full moon night, he would come out to the local villages and prey upon some strong men, and he'd suck the life force out of his victims and imprison their souls with an artifact known as soul gem.
When a young paladin named Anome (change his name if you want) heard the dark tales about this devil necromcor, he determined to eliminate this evil. Then he went on the glory quest in searching for 250. After days of traveling, he came to a corss road, waiting there was a hooded shadowy stranger. The stranger greeted young paladin and told the paladin;" I, the god of all wishes, can fullfill any desire that lays deep in your heart, be it wealth, conqur, or ... the owner of soul gem."
Anome was totally unaware that this stranger he greeted was the god of trickster. Being determined to eliminate evil and believing his strong faith would protect him from any harm, he accepted the offer, and told the stranger his desire. The next second, he was granted a magical sword that would counter the power of soul gem. Then Anome was teleported into 250's secret hideout.
The forth coming battle was a devestating disastor, 250 wasnt aware the treachery that was being played on him. He called upon his soul gem, trying to suck the soul out of this paladin. Yet the sword itself was a cursed weapon, it hungered for souls. When the soul gem's presence was so close to it, it released fully its devestating power and drained away the energy of every living being around it. The soul gem shattered by the force of the strong gravitaion, and the necromecor was killed in the process. (■■■■, why do I die?) even worse, it also sucked in the soul of Anome, and trap it in its sheath.
this sword then layed in waste for thousands of years, until it was rediscovered by an adventurering party from Water Deep. It said it was then lost again in a battle against some powerful undead paladin.

Stats: cursed
type: long sword
dmg type: slashing
dmg: 2d8 /+6 against living creature
creatures without souls take no extra dmg instead of +6, such creatures are: undead, vampires, constructs, golems, demonoid, shadows.
thac0 bonus: +3/+5 against creatures with souls

special:
this sword requires energy force to satisfy its hunger for life. every successful hit will drain 1d4 HP from the wielder.

if a creature with soul is struck dead by this sword, the sword will take away its soul and trap it. the dead creature will be raised as zombie or ghoul (with same hit dice as it is alive), fully under control of the sword's wielder.

if an instance death spell (finger of death, disngtegret, death spell, with exception of flesh to stone) is casted direct towards the wielder of the sword, the sword will release its soul energy and burst into a devastating explosion. It does 8d8 magic dmg to everyone within 60 ft area, with no save (but it is possible to resis). and everyone getting hit must make a save vs death at -4 or be slain. (including the wielder)

a critical hit from this sword will result a feeble mind spell on the target, and the target must make a save vs spell or become a gibering idiot.

a creature slain by this sword CANNOT be resurrect.

Not useable by:
Only paladin can use it.

(side note: dark lores mentioned paladines losing their paladinhood after wearing it.)

Old 03-04-2001, 05:34 AM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Its cool, specially its story, but i think its (almost) impossible to make it !! Anyway, it would be very fun (and hard) to play with it.

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-04-2001, 05:41 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

thanks, here is another one:

Necklace of Ceil

Description:

This necklace is enchanted with a transparent crystal. Touching it, you can feel the bone-freezing chillness. It glows an omnious blue light in the dark and carrying an evil aura. Legends said this was the remaining piece of the powerful foul artifact soul gem, which was destroyed in a disastrous battle with its wielder, an evil necromecor 250 (crap... dont mention it). Who re-discovered it, and how was it enchanted on this necklace, became a myth that no one knows.
Sages mentioned several years later, an evil lich appeared in the small kingdom Bari far west of Baldur's Gate. To rid of this haunting ghost, the head priest Toxic (hehe), after days of praying and communicating with his god, discovered the use of an artifact, piece of soul gem, that could grant him power which could match the lich's own. Priest Toxic then enchanted the crystal on the necklace, and went on the mission against the lich. The result of battle was unknown, some say Toxic destroyed the lich with the help of the powerful artifact, some say Toxic was manipulated by the lich.

Stats:
Type: Necklace
Special: -2 to user's constitution when wearing, and grant +1 wisdom, +1 int.

once per day cast psuedo-lichdom transformation:
This necklace has a incredible power to temporily store its wielder's life force. Upon whispering the secret words, the wielder's soul is dragged out of its body, and stored into the necklace. Then the spirit inside necklace then has the ability to manipulate any HUMANOID corpse that died within thirty days within 30 ft range. When trying to manipulate, the spirit must make a saving throw vs spell (use the saving throw as if it is alive)to determine if it successfully enter the corpse, note the spirit suffers -6 penalty when trying to enter its own form. If the spirit fails the save, then it will be rejected by the corpse FOREVER, that includes its original form.

The necklace can only store the wielder's spirit for 24 hours. If the spirit cannot find any form to manipulate in 24 hours, the necklace will no longer have the power to store the spirit. And the wielder will attempt to enter his original form, if he hasnt been rejected by his original form.

Any form being manipulated by the spirit will have the same knowledge as the spirit does. That means, the manipulated being will be able to cast any spells that spirit knows. And the manipulated being will be 5 levels higher than the spirit's original form. However, he will only have the same HP, saving throw as if the corpse was alive. The being's constitution is reduced to 0 during manipulation, and HP becomes untrackable.

Because the transformation if different from the one a real lich would undergo, the manipulated being only have some of the reistence a lich would have. that includes:
immune to fear, immune to cold, immune to charm, immune to confusion, immune to poison.

and the manipulated being will also gain the following ability:
projection image once per day.

Fear Aura: any creature within 10 ft, if less than 5 hit dice will flee in fear for 2d6 rounds, if higher, then he must make a save vs spell to avoid the fear.

Domination 3 times per day.

Black hand once per day: this spell is similar to priest spell slay living. the caster will alternate his hands into two black sphere, and the next attack the caster makes (it does not check AC, only melee is required) will cause its target to make a saving throw at -1 per two level of the caster. the caster has two chances to make the attack.

This spell only last 24 hours, if the manipulated being is destroyed during this time, the wielder can choose to enter a new corpse (the spirit still have to make save vs spell, and the corspe still must be died within 30 days and in 30 ft of the sprirt) And the new corpse will function as if the spirit had been fully rested.

after 24 hours, the necklace no longer holds the spirit, therefore, the spirit will lose control of any manipulation it is currently holding. It must go back to its original form after a save vs spell at -4 penalty. If the spirit fails, he will be dragged into lower plane and never be able to return. the spirit can also choose to enter other humanoid beings if there is any availble (a save vs spell must be made). however, he will lose the ability as its formal form, and instead, it will be function as a level 1 class of whatever this current being is. The spirit will lose the previous 24 hours memory, and his constituion will be temporily reduced to 3. (the constitution will recover at a rate of 1 point per week) The caster will NOT be able to use this transformation until its constitution is fully recoved.

Usable by:
mage, cleric
requirement: minmum of 14 constitution, level 14.

Old 03-04-2001, 05:56 AM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

well, the first one was ALMOST impossible to make, this one is IMPOSSIBLE to make !!! And it would be SO hard to play, though once you know all its possibilities would be cool.

Anyway, the part of the constitution being 0, its impossible, cause if any of your stats drop to 0 you instantly die.
For example, there is a staff of fear in nalias keep that has the chance to drain you 1 or 2 ( icant remember) charisma permanently. I didnt read this the first time i got it and Edwin died when his charisma reached 0.

------------------
Old 03-04-2001, 06:03 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
well, the first one was ALMOST impossible to make, this one is IMPOSSIBLE to make !!! And it would be SO hard to play, though once you know all its possibilities would be cool.

Anyway, the part of the constitution being 0, its impossible, cause if any of your stats drop to 0 you instantly die.
For example, there is a staff of fear in nalias keep that has the chance to drain you 1 or 2 ( icant remember) charisma permanently. I didnt read this the first time i got it and Edwin died when his charisma reached 0.

thanks for the comment, lol. but it doesnt really have to be zero, as long as it is "untrackedable" like, make it a one as real value and blank on the display part.

something like that

Old 03-04-2001, 06:08 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

and I think it is all about little twisting on visual effect. say, about choosing a corpse, there is always a pile of dead body when some creature is slain, right? so it is possible to check if there is any corpse within 30 ft, and then just do "animate dead" and use lich avatar. (tho something has to change about the description, such as HP and saving throw)

and also, fear aure is possible, since they did it in IWD. black hand just requires some new pictures. and the spell itself works similar to slay living.

the hard thing is... the actual process is too complex. you are right, it is hard, but not impossible. I'd like to see someone implment that.
Old 03-04-2001, 06:18 AM   #7
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

I think the hardest part of it is making the body-snatching thing .
The others arent too difficult, the fear aura may be a permanent cap of fear spell (that is easy to do), and so on, but the corpse thing is really hard i think. I dont think the game knows where a corpse is, i think when you kill an enemy the game loses all the info about its location...

Anyway, good (and complex) ideas !!

------------------
Old 03-04-2001, 06:19 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

thanks!! well.... anyone work for bioware here?

Old 03-04-2001, 12:22 PM   #9
Hesperex

Sheeesh, The sword is going to have to be simplified some what and so will the necklace if you actually want me to make them. Some of what you say is impossoble to my knowledge.

------------------

Old 03-04-2001, 12:23 PM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:
Sheeesh, The sword is going to have to be simplified some what and so will the necklace if you actually want me to make them. Some of what you say is impossoble to my knowledge.

ack.. how much simplified?