Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-31-2001, 12:05 AM   #11
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I think this might sound too sadistic and it is really what if:

1) Other than wonderous recall, what if there is a spell call "not so wonderous recall", which makes the subject recall the worst possible thing that can happen to his/her life.
2) In addition, what if there is a spell call summon and control undead.

This is what you do:
Corrupt Anomen so he fails his little knight test, then everytime he is awake, cast "summon and control undead" to summon the spirit of his sister. At the same time controlling her mentally and have her say something like how her death is HIS fault. Then whenever he sleeps, cast "not-so wonderous recall". Since being a knight is probably the biggest goal for his life, he will have nightmare everytime he closes his eyes....seeing the head of the Order giving him the "oh you FAIL and we don't want you any more" speech.
Physical scars come and go, but mental tend to stay longer. (smiles evilly)

p.s. I think I am really over reacting and over doing this......maybe I need therapy too Turbovee.
Old 01-31-2001, 12:44 AM   #12
mildred

Sleep with the guy he thinks killed his sister. Tell everyone how much better he is in bed.

Old 01-31-2001, 07:35 AM   #13
The X
Dungeon Master

Why not just let him sleep with this baby below.
Old 01-31-2001, 08:45 AM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Guys,
I know it's only in jest but it still makes my skin crawl that humans can dream up ways to visit such destruction upon another of their own kind. I know he's a fictional character and an annoying two dimensional one at that, but honestly... the thought of ANYONE hanging by their testicles covered with crap or being mentally gutted is pretty tough.

Call me a nancy boy or party pooper, but I've watched a show that dealt with torture victims and it left me a weeping mess. I can't even joke about one of the worst facets of humanity: willingly visiting extreme pain on another individual for it's own sake.

Sorry if I rained on the parade...

Hey X that's a pretty amazing animation where did you get it?
Old 01-31-2001, 09:23 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yorick: No worries. You aren't raining on any parade of mine. That's about how I usually react to such things. Can't separate the reality of the vision from the 'virtual reality' of the 'story'.

Too painful. Gee whiz, I got upset when Firkraag fused my warriors to the cave floor!

(but ladyz, your posted 'prank' made me crack a smile!)
Old 01-31-2001, 09:24 AM   #16
turbovee
Elminster

Sorry to upset you Yorick, it was in jest and I agree that to do that to any real human being would be utterly barbaric. Anomen is just a fictional character who needed some humility. My intent was to picture it like a benny hill show not a roman army documentary, (change testicles to toes, and object of choice are limited to soft rotten fruit)granted benny hill would not have him castrated him either. I mean if we really get down to it some of the things they let you do in the game are pretty disgusting. Probably not as graphic but disgusting nonetheless.

Disclaimer: This is not my true feelings toward anyone, I just hate Anomen.
Old 01-31-2001, 09:43 AM   #17
Moiraine
Anubis

Yorick,

you did not object to my carnage of the Drows ... &gt
(In real life, I find myself totally unable to kill anything bigger than a bug !)

Besides, when you kill a troll, do you give athought to the nice troll wife and the cutie little troll children that will never see their Dad again ? &gt

Seriously, I can't understand how a human being can bring himself to practice torture. And thinking that some even take PLEASURE doing so ... Torture and sex with children are the darkests sides of human nature.

And about Anomen, I would suggest : tell everybody that he is gay (and maybe he is at that, only he isn't aware of it ...)
Old 01-31-2001, 09:46 AM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Understood Turbo. Cheers.

Cloudbringer, creative minds spend a lot of time bringing imagination into reality so separating the two can difficult and at times and not altogether desirable.

We can become what we dream sometimes.
Old 01-31-2001, 09:50 AM   #19
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Moiraine, true I didn't object, but tolerance and endorsement are two different things.
Old 01-31-2001, 09:54 AM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yorick: Tis a most unpleasant possibility. I shall perchance, dream of better things this day, in hopes of avoiding such a fate.

And my pc and Anomen are an item at the moment so maybe she'll have to come and defend him. uh....well, just a little!