Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-18-2002, 06:39 PM   #1
L'Ethariel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Maybe I missunderstood somenthing or maybe i'm blind, but how may I turn undead??? i've a 7th level cleric, dreadmaster of Bane, and just've finished 1st chapter. how to turn them?? what is it all about?? please help.
L'Ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 08:18 PM   #2
Rawel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Turning undead is a supernatural ability i think and so it's under the star icon
it's depicted as a big white skull. All you do is use it you don't even have to
target it or anything.
Rawel
Rawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 11:00 PM   #3
Hells Forge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im just gonna tell you now that turn undead is one of the clerics most useful skills besides beneficial spell casting. That spell will explode and undead if its high enough level. And if not it will have no affect or it will make them have a moral failure. As Rawel said its under the star icon,

Luvian: This is off topic, and it take up lot of space in the page for nothing. I will remove it.

If you want to show some ascii art, I suggest you do in the General Discussion board.

[ 09-19-2002, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 09-18-2002, 11:01 PM   #4
Hells Forge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If your wondering what that crap with all the slashes and zeros and quotes is, its not spamminG!!!!!! Copy it and paste it onto a wide spread document and you'll see what it is... I Think any ways
Old 09-19-2002, 05:04 AM   #5
L'Ethariel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well, i see. but generally, always nothin' happens. i don't even know how the spell look like (suceeded cast)!!. maybe i'm doin' somethin' wrong, but i don't know what...

and a second task:
you think that what race is best for clerics? (in your private opinion of corse)
Old 09-19-2002, 05:42 AM   #6
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I like Aasimars for clerics. Wisdom and Charisma affect bonus spells (and DC rating) and undead turning respectively, and are racially modified +2 each for Aasimar. A very low charisma cleric will have difficulty turning undead, since the level and charisma modifier determine the total HD that may be turned. I found the undead turning to be great, especially against low level undead like skeletons and shadows.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:00 AM   #7
L'Ethariel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

so...what w'd you say for:
moon elf, dreadmaster of bane, neutral evil
strength 10
dexterity 10
constitusion 8
inteligence 15
wisdom 15
charisma 18

L'Ethariel
Old 09-19-2002, 09:01 AM   #8
DraconisRex

L'Eth..

Evil clerics are not your best sort in 3e as they cannot convert generic spells to healing spells. Also, I'm not sure how the game has it enabled, but evil clerics don't turn undead. They rebuke them (make them cower in fear).

Go Neutral in the good/evil alignment. It'll open up more options.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 09:10 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Originally posted by DraconisRex:

"Evil clerics are not your best sort in 3e as they cannot convert generic spells to healing spells."

And you know, I think that is one of the best changes ever made in 3E as it makes it more realistic...many a time have my party been in grave need of healing spell turning to my cleric only to find out all hes got is Sanctuary and Chant! I think its great because it brings it back to what a (Lawful) cleric is meant for - Healing, and it makes total sense that in his/her time of need they can petition their deity for assistance.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:35 PM   #10
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Cha modifier effects the number of turn undead each day. If your cha is 12. you turn undead 4 per day. If 14 it's 4. 3 is enough in my opinion so cha 10. cha does not effect its power.

turn undead is not useful in my opinion. POWERFUL undeads cannot be turned! and weak undeads can be killed why turn them?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote