Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-05-2002, 12:48 AM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well, i really don't help out with the house, but for 1 hr this very night, I cleaned our whole bathroom so my mom doesn't have to tommorow. I'm also setting my alarm for 6:00 am, getting up and surprising my parents with breakfast. Hopefully they'll like it. Adults, what do you think? Ah, my body reaks of chemicals, but i can't shower cuz i just cleaned it.
P.S.
When online, if you have a discman or walkman, use it to play music online, especially the songs you can't find online. Its great, I'm doing it right now.
Old 01-06-2002, 05:02 PM   #2
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I think...........WOW! If my kids did something like that......(hint, hint)
Old 01-06-2002, 06:21 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Let me tell you, your parents probably work very hard trying to keep things in order...your dad working all day and don't get to enjoy his beautiful family, your mom trying her best to keep the house clean and orderly. This stuff wears down a couple of parents, especially new couples like my wife and I. But when the children start showing their own desires to do good for the family, something special happens. Your mother begins to rest easier and your dad sees a new man coming out of those childish stages.

I have a story. I did next to nothing when I used to live at home, then I decided to change my life one day, rather suddenly and begin to do good for others. When I married, I told my wife that I was not afraid to wash dishes or clean the bathroom. I actually took on a large amount of the cleaning chores and so my wife began to brag to others of how good of a husband I am to do so much for her. Now, many of the women in my church and friends of the family, etc. all wish that their husbands cared as much for them as I do for my wife, and say so on occasion...in front of their husbands and behind their backs!

I know that I make my wife very happy in doing "my share", and I regret that I did not start years before with my own mother. As much as I try to make it up to her and do good for her now, nothing I do seems to fill the regret that I have for not helping her when I lived there.
So, if you are making that choice now...man you are on your way to TRUE happiness!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 01-06-2002, 06:24 PM   #4
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

wipes a tear or two away

Would that you'd had that epiphany years earlier, Larry! Maybe a few of the young men at IW will be inspired by your words and experience....