Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2004, 05:19 PM   #1
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

I'm doing the first quest that the oracle Varian gives you (the one about the ring), and I need to know if I'm in the right place. I can't remember the name of where I'm at, other than it's a long crazy word starting with "Y". I noticed some new square on my world map far to the north. I started out going on the boat from Ebonheart to Tel Branora, or something like that. I went north from there, and came on this dome-thing. I circled it, then noticed the entrance marked on my minimap. It was some short crazy word starting with "M". I cleared it out and got a lot of loot, and trying not to give many spoilers, if someone hasn't found it yet, it was a lot of books that was most valuable for their weight. I kept going north, and found some ruins, but then I saw a flame atronach, and ran. I ended up in the water, after running over some mountains, and found a large, very well preserved (compared to the usual falling-apart places) ruin. It started with "N", and I left, since I was at my weight limit, and didn't think I'd find anything more valuable than my books. I finally reached the crazy "Y" word place and went inside, and managed to fight off two guys inside the main/first room. I then noticed some valuable items sitting on an altar-thing, and I took them. Bad idea. Some powerful guy materialized behind me, and I managed to kill him. I saved, got his loot (not much), and went to the right. Then my game crashed. I figured I might as well ask if I'm in the right place.

Thanks for reading the whole thing. I had to write this whole thing since I can't remember all the crazy names they give places in Morrowind.

[ 06-26-2004, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: LS0158 ]
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 05:45 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Okay, you're looking for the Ring in Darkness (Ring of the Wind), yes? You're not supposed to go in the 'Y place' (Yasinimarus). The place you're looking for is Nammu, which is on the mainland. To get there, go to Yasinimarus, but don't go in (and yeah, hide from flame atronachs! I really hate them ). Now go northwest from there to the mainland and cross some hills. Nammu is next to a little pond, but fairly near the coast so if you go too far inland, you've gone, well, too far . It's not a daedric or dwemer ruin, it's a cave with one of those wooden doors.

Did you talk to the Dunmer savant and scout? They should have told you you were looking for somewhere named Nammu, not Yasinimarus.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:27 PM   #3
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks!
I just talked to the savant, since he was only about 20 seconds off my path.
I had forgotten the name of where I was supposed to go, and then there was a new icon (or one I hadn't noticed before) on my world map. So I went there.

Daedric ruins are the crumbling-outside ones with the altar-things, and Dwemer ones are the ones that appear fairly well maintiained outside?

I ended up having to kill a flame atronach, but the flame salt or whatever they drop is far more valuable than the books! I'll have to fight them more often, although I'll probably end up getting killed a lot. The guy that appeared when I stole stuff from the altar-thing was more powerful, though. He probably would have killed me if he didn't switch from weapons to magic constantly.

And a question about a different quest entirely. Does the yellow book of riddles have any effect at all on the "courtesy" quest? I know the red book does.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:42 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Yes, daedric ruins are the ones with all the stone and the pointy bits and oval-shaped entrances - they have daedra (atronachs, daedroth, dremora, etc) outside them. Dwemer ruins are the ones that are more metallic with turrets and bridges and circular entrances. They have dwemer monsters (centurions etc) inside them.

Try using some resist fire/frost/shock potions, spells or items with atronachs. They help quite a bit.

I'm pretty sure the yellow book of riddles is important for a temple quest that you get from the temple guy at Molag Mar [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2004, 04:39 AM   #5
DalekBoy
The Magister

the courtesy quest riddles make no sense to me. you get the answer right away anyways
Old 06-29-2004, 08:04 AM   #6
Seraph
Quintesson

That isn't always true. You get the right answers if you have the red book of riddles, or your intelligence is greater then 50. If you don't have one of these two things, then your out of luck.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:23 AM   #7
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

My character isn't too bright. His intelligence is 34, but I have the mentor's ring (+10 willpower and intelligence) on so he's not a complete idiot. [img]tongue.gif[/img]