Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-22-2000, 04:22 AM   #1
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hiya guys out there... i need sound advice from you fellow bgfans when it comes to dueling other players... i just finished the game recently and my main character is a necromancer that can make a big punch into anyone or anything in the game... the problem however when it comes to dueling other fighters, they have the stupid cloak of mirroring that presents a problem to all fellow mages who wants to duel... is there anyway or spell to help me in my predicament??? ( ps: i just wanna duel one of my friend because he is such a swell head big fighter). i need sound advice... any battle plans for one vs one?
Old 11-22-2000, 01:41 PM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

Some thoughts/ideas ...

1. The cloak only protects against spells that directly attack the protected character. Area effect spells should still work.

2. I was playing an undead hunter with the cloak and was cleaning out the beholder dungeon in the Underdark. Or should I say, I was letting the beholders do all of the work. That is, until I ran into an Elder Orb that mazed me. Boy, was I pissed.

3. You could also try confusing the fighter (area effect) then summon some nasty critters to whup on the dazed fighter. Maybe convert yourself into a fighter using Tensors Transformation to join the fray.
Old 11-22-2000, 02:01 PM   #3
Glorick the Half-Orc

Load up on time-stop scrolls using mules. Stagger them. Ray of enfeblement works WONDERS. He will go to really low STR and will be unable to move becuase he is encumbered. If his MR is high, you may need to memorize a few. Then blast away with area of effect spells (go with cold spells - most people have low res to cold, high against fire).

That should do the trick. The Timestops should let you move away and get out of range if he chases. Throw a few air elementals in there for good measure. Make sure you use contingency and shadow door in case he gets near you. Improved invisibility is also a must.