Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2003, 10:18 AM   #1
Sukodin
Dungeon Master

I got this cloak and whenever I wear it there is a large white bubble around my guy.. Is there any way I can turn that crap off? I want the cloak and the effect, but the bubble is killing me.. I am going to have to sell the stupid thing if I cant get this bubble gone..

On another note, I have become a Fallen Ranger (Before I knew I could donate money to raise my rep).. I have my rep all the way up to Popular now... Is there any way I can become a Ranger again?

[ 10-22-2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Sukodin ]
Old 10-22-2003, 10:28 AM   #2
Feral
Elminster

Yeah, the ball of yarn is annoying, but it'll take someone more knowledgeable than me to tell you how to turn it off.

As for your status - it's gone for good. Not to rub it in, but as a ranger you're supposed to do _good_ things.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:30 AM   #3
Tyrion
Quintesson

a fallen ranger is no good, i would say...i think there is a mod out there that removes that animation...maybe it was ease of use mod...yeah i thingk it was
Old 10-22-2003, 10:33 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

Delete clk26.itm (I think) from your override folder, and you will get the SoA version of the clock which is even more powerful and dosen't have as annoying a spell animation.

It may be possible to strip the animation from the cload using Near Infinity, but I dont know if you can do that without losing the cloaks abilities.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:40 AM   #5
Feral
Elminster

Andrewas - would that cause the cloak to revert to its pre-Baldurdash status of cloak of tremendous cheese, or would it change it into something different altogether?
Old 10-22-2003, 10:42 AM   #6
Sukodin
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Delete clk26.itm (I think) from your override folder, and you will get the SoA version of the clock which is even more powerful and dosen't have as annoying a spell animation.

It may be possible to strip the animation from the cload using Near Infinity, but I dont know if you can do that without losing the cloaks abilities.
What is the override folder? And will that affect the gameplay, or my saved game?

Also, I was doing good things.. LoL I helped Anomen avenge his sister and well... /shrug ahh well..
Old 10-22-2003, 10:43 AM   #7
Sukodin
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Feral:
Andrewas - would that cause the cloak to revert to its pre-Baldurdash status of cloak of tremendous cheese, or would it change it into something different altogether?
cloak of tremendous cheese?? What did it do before?
Old 10-22-2003, 10:45 AM   #8
andrewas
Harper

The override folder is a folder inside your BG2 folder. Files in there override files contained within the game itself. Its used by mods and bioware patches. deleting a file from there will mean you get the original version.

Now that I think of it, ToB has a new .key and some supplemental .bifs, so this might not work after all.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:50 AM   #9
Feral
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sukodin:
quote:
Originally posted by Feral:
cloak of tremendous cheese?? What did it do before? [/QUOTE]IIRC, it reflected magic back at the caster, rather than simply absorbing it (which it does now). It made fighting beholders (and many others) sleep-inducingly easy.

Ed: It wasn't actually called that - that's just what it was (i.e. tremendous cheese).

[ 10-22-2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Feral ]
Old 10-22-2003, 10:50 AM   #10
Sukodin
Dungeon Master

Hrm.. Well I will try it tonight and let you know what I find..

Unless someone else knows a better way..