Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-28-2003, 02:27 AM   #1
LennonCook
Jack Burton

One or two people already know, I`m in the process of making a mod which will tweak some of the existing Bio NPCs to either:
a) Make them more useful, without clashing with their personalities.
b) Make them more in line with their personalities.
or
c) Both.

What I want to know is, what do people want to see in the NPCs ??
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 05:34 AM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

I'd wait for the new Baldurdash to come out. It should change some things at this field.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:13 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
I'd wait for the new Baldurdash to come out. It should change some things at this field.
But probably won`t change any to make them more useful... that isn`t what bugfixes are about.
Just for the record, I *will* break some of the rules put on the PC if it makes sense for that character... but the one thing I will *not* do is to make Mazzy a Paladin. She has too many dialogues about it that would need to be shut off... and that would remove half of her personality...
I am already thinking of making Aerie a Sorceress who gains some special abilities at key points of her romance, as she becomes more sure of herself, that would fit in better than Priest spells with "Quayle taught me to use my magic, and to heal myself"... I hope.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:42 AM   #4
AuraMancer
Dungeon Master

Well, make Nalia a singleclass thief!
Old 04-28-2003, 07:22 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by AuraMancer:
Well, make Nalia a singleclass thief!
I`ll make her a Swashbuckler so it doesn`t clash with her personality. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Someone who "helps the needy" as much as her will *not* backstab...
Old 04-28-2003, 09:14 AM   #6
Malthaussen
Manshoon

Gee, I "help the needy" (especially my party [img]smile.gif[/img] ) all the time, and I love to backstab. [img]smile.gif[/img] Of course, my alignment is Neutral Greedy...

You're right, though, Nalia would be 'way too honorable to do something like that.

-- Mal
Old 04-28-2003, 10:31 AM   #7
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Actually I see Imoen as a swashbuckler/mage and Minsc as a Beast Master, although this would prevent him from using his favorite two-handed sword. Give Anomen the proper number of weapon proficiencies. Give Viconia some special abilities to reflect her devotion to Shar (or better yet, create a "Priest of Shar" kit and give it to her). Jaheira would make a good fighter/avenger - she alwys seemed to me to be especially militant.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:50 PM   #8
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Make Minsc a Beast Master who is allowed to use swords. (Because he keeps talking about them!) Er um, or would Minsc be better suited to the special class Boo Master?

Make Valygar a Kensai. And do some improvements on his Family Blade over time. Those who know the origin and history of the Kensai in PnP will understand why.

Make Nalia a Mage turned Thief. Level 4 mage and unlimited advancement as a thief. She could use scrolls, cast some spells, wands, still be useful in the magic department and make a much better thief. By her own words, she is susposed to be an impressive thief who only studied a little bit of magery.

Redo Jaheira's weapon choices. Narrow them down a bit. Starting out, they are so spread out and only getting two stars in SoA does little to fix things.

Make Anomen a Berserker Cleric. That poor chap suffers from some of the worst temper tantrums.

Make Korgan a Chaotic Neutral Barbarian rather then a Chaotic Evil Berserker. This would actually fit his personality better.

Turn Edwin into a toad and have him dropped down the privvy. We are talking a vast game balancing sanity restoring improvement here.

Give Viccy a shot at redemption and alignment change while in SoA. Make it happen in the Drow city. When she sees how truly wicked her people are compared to the PC, make her Lawful Neutral and have her become a Cleric of Ilmater. It would make plenty of sense with her story line.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:51 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterfingers:
Give Viccy a shot at redemption and alignment change while in SoA. Make it happen in the Drow city. When she sees how truly wicked her people are compared to the PC, make her Lawful Neutral and have her become a Cleric of Ilmater. It would make plenty of sense with her story line.
A little spoily:

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

When you go upstairs in the Tavern in Ust Natha, you get to witness a cutscene of the final destruction of the "supposed" last of House DeVir, Viconia's family. This would be a great point in which to do a plot twist such as you are referring to.

I would, however, think Ilmater (Lawful Good) to be too much of a shift to realistically expect of Viconia. Perhaps someone more neutral. Helm is too much of a warrior (she's not really a fighter). Ideally, Lady Ellistrae (sp?) Silverhair would be who she would become a follower of.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 02:05 PM   #10
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

I could have swore that Ilmater was Lawful Neutral and and took those in who had suffered greatly and sought redemption or great change in their lives. Most Monks in the Forgotten Realms follow Imater and have a LN alignment.

Goodness knows Viccy has suffered enough, and, will continue to suffer as long as she is on the surface because she is Drow. She could suffer and weep like few others, something that would really fit in with the Ilmater worship.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote