Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-01-2000, 07:51 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Is there any order in which you do quests? I am a bit worried about this because I wanted to do each area on the map first, then slink on over to Windspear and Umar later. I did the Thief Guild quests and all I have to do is go to Aram now and he will go with me to the Asylum? But I wanted to do as many quests as I could first because I read on another forum that if you make a straightline to rescuing Imoen, you end up being led to the eventual end of game. Then he said that he had a bunch of optional quests left to do, but he couldn't do them. So because of this I am hesitant to do the Imoen quest just yet. So I need to know, is this true?

Also, because of the order I have been doing things, my 5 NPCs have levelled up quite a bit, and I wonder about when I do get to Imoen, will I HAVE to take her? I have Yoshimo in my party, and he has levelled up very nicely. It is hard to give up any of my NPCs at this point because I fear that anyone else will not be as experienced.

So, in summary, does the order in which you do things really matter? When the game is over, is it really Over? And lastly, do you need Imoen?

Have I scrambled your brains yet?
Old 12-01-2000, 08:02 PM   #2
Manifest

whoa...here comes a spoiler.
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!!!!!!here it is!!
Too bad you leveled Yoshimo up so much as he is a dirty traitor working for Irenicus and will leave your party high and dry.
Best get Imoen back, or that loser Jan Jansen.

Old 12-01-2000, 08:09 PM   #3
Illusionist

You can do the optional quests during chapter 2,3 or 6. You get Imoen back in chapter 4, but you will not be able to return to Athkatla until chapter 6.

I've tried it both ways, and I recommend doing most of the quests before you go get her. Your decision whether or not to take Imoen with you will be based at least partly on how seriously you take the role-playing aspect. If you are trying to role-play with the plot, there are reasons why you will not want to do without her. Depending on the make-up of your party, there may be a reason why you will think you will need her skills. I don't want to spoil anything for you, so I'll just say that there are issues involved that you don't know about yet. I will give you two tips though. First, she will level up some while you are apart, and there will be plenty of opportunities for her to catch up. Second, go buy a scroll case or two, and fill it or them with all the spells you would like her to have, because her spell book will be pretty empty, and you may not have many opportunities to purchase spells where you're going.

Finally, there are probably close to 100 optional quests you can do. Some will not be available unless you have a specific NPC in your party, but you can do about 3/4 of them no matter what the composition of your party.

Good luck and have fun!

Old 12-01-2000, 08:12 PM   #4
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Hello i suggest you do as many as you can before you save her.
Old 12-01-2000, 09:15 PM   #5
Ladyzekke

Oh Manifest! You helped a lot. To think Yoshimo will betray me is a big help! If that is the case then I say F*** him! He will be the one I send out to die when encountering monsters from now on. Expendible!! Imoen here I come! It seems somehow I can still level her up in this stage of the game so be it! Thanks a lot! You very well may have saved my game!! I have been worrying about this Imoen/Yoshimo thing for days, now maybe I can get some sleep instead of my entire night consisting of Baldurs' dreams!! Is it just me or does playing this game for hours effect your dreams?
Old 12-01-2000, 09:31 PM   #6
Manifest

dont ditch him just yet.
spoiler
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
take him to the spellkeep so the story plays out and you get the exp, plus you dont have to leave anyone else this way/

Old 12-02-2000, 11:50 AM   #7
Ladyzekke

I see what you mean Manifest. I guess I'll keep him for now. But knowing this solves the problem about taking in NPCs temporarily to do a particular quest (i.e., Planar Sphere). I need to have Valygar in my party to do this, which means somebody has to step aside until I have finished the quest. Now I know who that will be! Thanks for your help, and for me it isn't a spoiler, just a big helper!