Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2000, 07:05 PM   #1
Larry

I found this interview, and decided to post extracts of it...enjoy...(drink up !)

GameSpy: What the hell's the deal with that purple tattoo on your head?

Minsc: Many warriors of Rashemen bear such trophies, mostly as scars from battle, but not everything important happens at the end of a sword. Yes, that surprised me too. On the journey with Dynaheir I met many people, and one was a valiant warrior from a land with traditions like my Rashemen, if a bit more reserved. She was well impressed with Boo and I on the battlefield, but was concerned that my fury might some day overwhelm Boo's calming influence. She had proven herself to me, so when she offered an exchange, I accepted. I am told the marking stands for balance and is well respected in her home. I wear it proudly, just as she wears the symbol of the Ice Dragon Berserker Lodge, though not placed quite so prominently... ahh, but Boo's stare has reminded me of an oath long promised, and I will speak no more of it.

GameSpy: OK, I want the real scoop: How did you find Boo? What sort of counsel does he provide when he "speaks" to you?

Minsc: You ask how he speaks with your tongue in your cheek, but I say to you that he talks like the best of any of us, with words that ring true for those that wish to hear, and far clearer too, for the only thing in his cheek is the occasional nut. His counsel is my focus when I find it... difficult... to think clearly, either from the guile of villainy or some long persisting headache. Certainly there are rangers that prefer the company of perhaps a giant bear or some great cat or another, but I am large enough on my own and need not compensate.

As for how Boo and I met, I owe that to a nameless traveling merchant. Dynaheir and I had been drawn to rout a nest of villainy while traveling through Sembia, and though we were victorious, I suffered what I agreed was "an astounding blow to the head." For weeks I was a shadow of my former self. A large shadow perhaps, but still not nearly as effective. When we met the merchant he directed my stumbling gaze to a small cage, and explained the special nature of what was inside. It would be grand to say that Boo came to me from his home amongst the stars, but, in truth, I purchased him for a goodly sum and we have been together since.

GameSpy: What makes you think he is a miniature giant space hamster? Does he have any special abilities associated with his extraterrestrial nature?

Minsc: What makes you think he is NOT a Miniature Giant Space Hamster? Who would have more insight into the attributes of my animal companion than I, Minsc! Besides, the merchant had an honest face. He was very insistent too, waving his pipe as he named the stars that Boo might have seen. There were many more words amidst his "thee"s and "thou"s that I did not even recognize, but everything became clear to me as he spelled it out. His price seemed more reasonable as well, even as he raised it once or twice. But enough about Boo, he is blushing because of the attention. He is pink under his fur regardless, but I can tell when he is nervous.

Old 12-01-2000, 06:54 PM   #2
Saithana

"Thees" and "thous"?

Wouldst this merchant, by any chance, be a certain "Terminsel"?

Old 12-01-2000, 09:18 PM   #3
Armisael

I doubt it. As the old saying goes, 'Do not meddle in the affairs of Harpers; that's their job.'