Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2003, 07:31 AM   #21
Whailor

Spoilerish maybe, silly to think it isn't.

Actually here I have a problem, not with the fight, but the way things work. I have Ascension and also Tactics installed.

When the final battle starts, Melissan rattles some and then summons Irenicus. Sarevok stays with me, as he at some point suddenly said "It is a good thing that I joined up with you, after all", and this made me go "Huh? That's Sarevok?" and when I checked his alignment, he was Chaotic Good. Nice, I know that it is possible for him to turn, but never got it before..

Anyways, Sarevok is with me and Balthazar is running around too. Irenicus comes out and we chat and he's still grumpy just because I kicked him, time and gain. Bodhi gets summoned too, but since I am a "good" person, have Balthazar with me, she wont join me (she can join some evil parties, which have no Balthazar with them. Mind that there's NO ONE ELSE! Just my party, Balthazar, Irenicus, Bodhi. Is that supposed to be so?

Imoen turns into Slayer, but I keep her alive and party members and she turns back eventually and re-joins us. By this time Bodhi and Irenicus are dead (party members are all well over lvl 30, and Ravager works damn good, heh). Now it's just Melissan and the goons she summons at times. At some point, Balhazar tells that she's getting her power from the pools (thanks, Sherlock) and we gotta disrupt these. Fine, finally bridges appear. I go to all three pools, kick the guardians. Note - NO FIVE anywhere still.

I am able to "drain" 2 pools and also gain them powers, nice but useless in a way some of them at that point, BUT! Whatever I do, however I try, I cannot drain ONE pool. Simply nothing happens, nothing at all. And STILL no Five. So, frankly, the fight can probably go on indefinately (or at least very long time, since I have craploads of resources gathered), but it's annoying me already.

Mind it that I have played through SoA + ToB + Ascension before and never had any issues at all, this is actually first time when I installed Tactics (and damn, with Tactics weird things started all over, buggy mod, though nice extra XP) and am going through the game with it. Anyone has idea what the heck is going on?
Old 11-15-2003, 09:16 AM   #22
Whailor

OK, finally somehow it worked and I was able to deactivate the last pool. Guess what? I had 2 Melissans then. And in last fight, both went nuts and I had at one moment over 40 enemies on screen. Good thing they were incompetent...

Now however it's still bugged, because Balthazar last talk is looping and I can't get past it. So the descision has been made - Tactics gotta go. Way too buggy.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:55 PM   #23
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
OK, finally somehow it worked and I was able to deactivate the last pool. Guess what? I had 2 Melissans then. And in last fight, both went nuts and I had at one moment over 40 enemies on screen. Good thing they were incompetent...

Now however it's still bugged, because Balthazar last talk is looping and I can't get past it. So the descision has been made - Tactics gotta go. Way too buggy.
Yes, very buggy. For me, some of the summons have incredibly long names that sound like part of a convo:

Minsc Attacks: Irenicus, you should never have doen this to me. You shall be struck down and suffer forever while I am victorious over you." [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Of course, I just made that line up, but they're usually even longer than that.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote