Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 06:25 AM   #1
Moiraine
Anubis

Argus has been sooo kind to gimme a link that says that Lineage is organizing a dinner with Richard Garriott somewhere in Las Vegas on October 29th, and that invitations can be obtained by mailing Leilo@ncaustin.com. (Link here).

Now people you NOW I would DIE for being there , but I'm so very far away ...

Would there be some wonderful person here that would be willing to be there for me ? Please please please ? Pretty please ?

I would love that person until the end of times, of course , and send him/her a crate of French wine, promise !

Argus, I owe you one, mail me your snail mail address, and *smooch* thanks !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-23-2001, 06:28 AM   #2
Argus
The Magister

No worries Moiraine! The only thanks you need to provide is to keep pursuing your goal.
Old 10-23-2001, 06:31 AM   #3
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Argus:
No worries Moiraine! The only thanks you need to provide is to keep pursuing your goal.
Send it anyway, Russian mate, it will be a real pleasure to send you something Frenchie.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-23-2001, 09:27 AM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

Please ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-23-2001, 09:32 AM   #5
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Hiya, hon. I sure do hope we have someone close to that area....surely we do. (???)

P.S. - Did what I sent you help any? *crosses fingers and hopes*

OOOH! And I finally got my Dad to talk a bit. Found out the original name was French for 'the cocks' and our CoA had two cocks on it. I'm going to have great fun with my search (I hope).
Old 10-23-2001, 09:37 AM   #6
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

entirely off topic. I apologize for my intrusion.

[This message has been edited by Hiram Sedai (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 09:43 AM   #7
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Hiya, hon. I sure do hope we have someone close to that area....surely we do. (???)

P.S. - Did what I sent you help any? *crosses fingers and hopes*

OOOH! And I finally got my Dad to talk a bit. Found out the original name was French for 'the cocks' and our CoA had two cocks on it. I'm going to have great fun with my search (I hope).
Hi !

Got your mail allright (THANKS !!! *hugs* *smooch: ), I am at work now, will read it tonight when I'm home.

As for your genealogy on the Web - well, I'll have a look tomorrow, since I don't work on Wednesdays. Is your original French name "De Cock' or 'De Coq' ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-23-2001, 09:46 AM   #8
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
Your coat of arms has roosters? hehe My chinese birthsign is the rooster and the coa of my last name is the raven. I was able to trace it back to the 1600's. Its of Austrian descent.

Lady Moraine, I'm sorry I don't live in Las Vegas. If you need any help in New Jersey, then please let me know.
One off topic post, if you don't mind Moiraine: Hiram...meet me in the HADB Castle, please. ()
Old 10-23-2001, 09:51 AM   #9
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Hi !

Got your mail allright (THANKS !!! *hugs* *smooch: ), I am at work now, will read it tonight when I'm home.

As for your genealogy on the Web - well, I'll have a look tomorrow, since I don't work on Wednesdays. Is your original French name "De Cock' or 'De Coq' ?
Good question, there. I didn't know there'd be more than one version...PROBABLY the first one. It's gone through so many changes, it's hard to tell. Let's see....right now: DeCook, then back one: de Coch, then: de Cocke, so I'm pretty sure originally De Cock.

And no big hurry on the looking. If you can find something, great, if not - still great. You're still the BEST! (((hugs))) I'll track it down either way. I just think you may get better 'hits' on searches for places in France for me to look. Records, etc. I've got to compile the list of names/ancestry while my Dad still remembers them.
Old 10-23-2001, 09:52 AM   #10
Absynthe

Lady Moiraine, I will be in Las Vegas from the 27th to the 31st. Is there something I could do for you? Just let me know, I will be happy to help...

Absynthe, aspiring knight errant.