Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-23-2001, 11:31 AM   #21
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Suddenly a portal to the Ethereal Plane opens above the party and a human in mage robes and an elf in a large hooded cloak fall out through it, barely missing the party, the human stands up, takes a few staggering steps towards the nearest partymember and says "Just where the hell am I?" before falling over, the elf lies unmoving on the ground for a few minutes then stands up and says "Gods, I need a drink of something alcoholic", he then looks around and says "Where in the Nine Hells am I?"
Old 07-23-2001, 01:33 PM   #22
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Jabidas, why did you kill her? Ace didn't want her dead.. Eh, anyway, LS, don't you think we should move on? The more we stand here, the longer it is until we get to the dragon.
IC:
Old 07-23-2001, 01:58 PM   #23
Lord Shield

Viconia says "He's right - if she'd been alive we may have got some money selling her into slavery - oh well"

The next few hours are continuous scuffles with goblins and their various allies. Nothing too hectic for this group, although it is stuffy in these caves and a filthy smell

Then, you find it! Tunjuk the dragon - she is immense!!!!

The humans in the group come up to the top of her taloned feet. Then it dawns on you - she's a THIRD EDITION DRAGON!!!! ~gulp!~

The horns on her head scrape the roof of the cavern, startling some bats. She sees the group and slams the wall. The tunnels collapse and the great beast grins evilly.

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-23-2001, 02:22 PM   #24
Nanobyte

Rhazor, looks up at the immense Dragon. The scales are finely crafted, a few scars here and there, and as you get closer to the top, the color gets darker. This dragon is a grand one indeed. A great wyrm. The whiskers are beginning to show from the beasts snout. The horns are slender, jetting straight back like a man with slick hair. Rhazor looks closer at the scales. Yes, those scales would be perfect for a set of armour. He would just have to make sure he had enough. Rhazor does a quick 180, and disappears. A few moments later, he is barely seen crawling the dragon's back. He reaches the beast's neck, and stops. There is no way he can reach the head. So he takes out his Moonblade, and sinks it into the beast's neck, twisting it as he does so. The crack of bones makes some ill, but everyone else draw's their weapons, and attacks..
Old 07-23-2001, 03:19 PM   #25
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

OOC: *Glares at Jabidas* You go away for a few days and look what happens...

IC: Wiping the mud from his face Thief became dimly awear of the sharp end of a sword pointing at his head, and did the only logical thing he could do.

"I SURRENDER, ANY THING I HAVE IS YOUR ANYTHING YOU WNAT TO KNOW JUT ASK, I HAVE NO LOYALTY AT ALL TO ANYONE EXCEPT YOU PEOPLE!", there was a small sigh of disapointment from Jabidas who had secretly been hoping he might need to privately innterogate the prisoners.

"Avaunt thief", bellowed the Undead Hunter who was holdind the aforementioned blade mere inches from the Halfling's nose, "tell us who you are or taste the rightous fury of my sword."

"Please don't hurt me", begged the thief, "It wasen't my fault I don't have anything to do with this I swear just let me live and I'll tell you anything you want."

"How pathetic, can't you try to be a little dignified.", said Tancred who was admiring the craftsmanship on one of the axes he'd confiscated from the black knights unconsious form.

Pointing at the anti-palidin Ash moved his sword down tot he halfling theifs neck and applied just enough pressure to make his squirm.

"Who is he? and what are you doing here?"

Transfixed by the shining blade the Thief spoke,
"He's my boss, Lord Flashhert (Ace) and she... um was, the sourceress Delphie. Were here because Deph messed up a teleportation spell and all we wanted was to get out of here alive."

There was a low groan and the sound of sliding plate mail as Lord Flash slowly rose to his feet, nursing the dent in his helmet. All at once a dozen weapons were drawn and ponted at the dark warriors head.

Paying no attention to the swarm of armed adventurers surrounding him he turned to face the thief.
"Do you still have the staff."

After a moment of rummaging in his pack the thief withdrew a small wooden container enscribed with runes.

"Yeah, it's till in there."

"Did you see where Delphie went?"

"No, sorry boss."

Turning on his heel the anti-paladin walked over to the charred corpse of the elven women and touched it with the palm of his hand, in a second the body disintgrated leaving the steanch of dark magic hanging tin the air.

"Her shadow... well now we're in for it. She's still alive and wherever she is she bound to be mad, which can never be good."

Two loud coughs drew the attention of the warrior back towards the Paladin.
"You are our captives, your not supposed to just walk around like that, your thief hasn't even answered any of our questions."

"Don't worry", there was a tiny glint in the black knight's eye, "we'll have plenty of time to talk when were on the road together. Yes friends it's your lucky day, for the measly price of getting us out of these caverns before we starve to death you, yes you, get to be accompanied by us.", the impact of this lost muster against the wall of blank stares assalting the two. A few of the assorted adventurers started to sharpen their weapons.

"Give me one good reason why we shouldn't kill you on the spot." smarled Jabidas who was in no mood for games.

"Well... I can fight, really well. I broke Celstial Fury with just brute strength alone, and I have rune axes, powerfull ones that only I can use that i'm sure could help you on your journey to wherever it is your going. And Thief is, well, a thief and you can never have too many of those. Think about it this way, what would you gain from killing us... money? we have none, magical items? Thief's are not really very usefull for a group of your *obvious* level of power and skill, and all of mine are attuned with my own magical aura so you couldn't use them anyway.", to deminsrate he held out both hands and in a flash the rune axes Tancred had been holding had remateriallised in the black knights hands.

"And I can steal stuff", said Thief, who in a lavish display worthy of street magicians everywhere produced Ash's 'Ring of Gaxx' from behind his ear before tossing it back to it's owner. "And i'm good with fixing things too, why I bet if you gave me a day or so I could do a patch up job on the Celestial Fury, a tempory solution until you can get it fixed at a proper forge."

Moving to adress the crowd the black clad warrior tried to look at non-threatning as you can in spike adorned full-platemail.
"Of course it's up to you good people and er... and chickens or any other farmyard animals, to decide but I erge you to give us a chance."

"So what do you say???"

OOC: Sorry for commandearing your chracters Jabidas, Grinch and Tancred but I needed dialog, tell me if there is anything your unhappy about and I will edit the post. Till then

[This message has been edited by Ace Flashheart (edited 07-23-2001).]
Old 07-23-2001, 03:25 PM   #26
Nanobyte

OOC: Isn't it funny how so many people are stuck in the past?
IC:
Old 07-23-2001, 05:12 PM   #27
Lord Shield

Lord Raptor looks up and up and up at the dragno. Slaughter Margin doesn't give a poo. He goes berserk again and charges in. Lord Raptor goes for a flanking position - stealth is useless against the senses of a 3E dragon

The great dragon smashes the back of its neck against a wall and Rhazor falls off, stunned. A tail swipe knocks the front line fighters over. Lord Raptor summons a demon for it to fight but the demon doesn't last long

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-23-2001, 05:49 PM   #28
Neb

The mage and the elf suddenly realize that noone has noticed them and that they are unlikely to have their questions answered, at the sound of a roar and the sounds of battle they turn around and see a dragon fighting a party of heroes, not wanting to risk their hides in battle they camly sit down on the ground and watch the fight, occasionally making comments like "Ouch! That's gotta hurt!" and "Nice backhand slash with that sword!", they also prepare several protective spells in case the dragon should defeat the heroes and come looking for more challenging prey.
Old 07-23-2001, 05:52 PM   #29
Nanobyte

OOC: More challenging prey, ROFL!
IC:
Old 07-23-2001, 05:56 PM   #30
Neb

OOC: Just try and fight your way through a summoned level XVII Lawyer and his minions! What could be more challenging than that?
IC: