Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2001, 07:42 AM   #1
Sirenes Suck!!!

Hi! I am near the end of the level in the Cloakwood Mines. I have found that wizard who I need to kill to get the Keys so I can flood the mines out. But Heres the most annoying thing, Those two Horror Ghouls who carry flaming swords and who act as body Gaurds for him keep on repeatedly whipping my arse! I have already used up the Wand of monster summoning I found after leaving the Naskel mines and the wand of fire I found somewhere else. I have quite a few poison arrows and a wand of fear, bolts of lightning and Minsc Who is on Level five wears those boots "Paws of the Cheetah" I have two Wizards, one who carries the Wand of Frost but has only one charge left. My Druid Can Summon a Dread wolf and carries The Wand of Magic missiles. One of My Wizards Has the spell Dire charm. I have been trying for Two weeks now to Kill the Ghouls and the Wizard. On the third floor I met Natasha Who Keeps on Confusing my Characters so they kill each other. If I kill Natasha would it be worth it? and If when I harm the two ghouls and then Go back up to the third floor, Heal my characters and then go back again and then Harm the two Ghouls again would it work? Please Help me and tell me what to do. For the Love of God, please Hellp!!!
Old 02-05-2001, 01:51 PM   #2
dragonslayer
Manshoon

If you mean the last battle in the Cloakwood Mines against Davaeorn you don't have to fight the "Ghouls". The are Doom Guards, I think and are triggered by traps, if you can't disarm the traps you have trouble. Though you should be able to defeat them one by one, and without these guards you should have no trouble with Davaeorn.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 09:55 AM   #3
Sherpa Doug
Dungeon Master

You need a good thief. Make the thief invisible and then find and disarm the traps that summon the Doom Guards. If one of the Doom Guards arrives, keep him busy with skeletons or summoned critters while the rest of your party kill him with ranged weapons. If you get two Doom Guards you are in deep trouble.
If you can hurt them, leave, rest, and return it does help. They don't seem to heal.
Sherpa Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 02:31 PM   #4
SilkeFreidorf

What traps? Where? In my game, roughly the same level as the questioner's, as soon as I entered the level I encountered the guys with the flaming sword.

I had expected level four to be quite large, and am surprised you battle Davaeorn as soon as you enter. As it is we are bottlenecked in the entrance corridor and it seems to be impossible to harm the Battle Horrors even with magic arrows (or should I try normal ones? ).
Old 02-13-2001, 03:19 PM   #5
Sherpa Doug
Dungeon Master

It's been a while... But as I remember you enter the level and a guard confronts you.
****Spoilers****

It is good to dire charm this guard.
The there is a first room, a narrow passage and a second room, there may be a third room too all in a row. There are also side rooms. Daveorn is standing in the "second" room. The traps (2 or 3) are in the narrow passage between the first and second rooms.
An invisible thief can disarm the traps, which should avoid the Doom Guards. If Daveorn attacks, send the charmed guard at him (you don't want the guard to survive the battle). Any magic arrow can penetrate his protection spell. Keep someone with dispell magic at the back ready for any of youe people who get confused or charmed. Summoned critters will also keep him busy.
There is Daveorn's apprentice who doesn't seem to do anything. I just ignore him, interrogate him, and let him go. I'm a palidin
Sherpa Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 01:07 AM   #6
purplesage

There IS a trick you can use if you're desparate(and i HAVE done this).Send your toughest character slowly into Daevenorns room so he's just in sight.Wait until he begins casting his first spell and get out quickly(if you're quick he will not follow).Go back to the last level of the mines and come back in again(somebody suggested resting while you're there but i didn't do that). Now Daevenorn should only have his magical shield and no other spells(and no battle horrors),he cant hurt you now so just hit him until he dies.
ALTERNATIVELY , use boots of speed/shield amulet/protection from fire/oil of speed and a luck and bless spell on your best killing machine (or two)and send them in to kick his ass.
(summoned monsters/animals will help too).
Boots of speed combined with oil of speed/haste means your character can do alot of damage to lots of creatures very quickly.