Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #1
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

I really haven't found this to be too tough of a question, but opinions are always nice. Personally, I prefer a Single Weapon Stlye, especially with a kensai. The AC bonus is a definite plus. Though I have found that Baldurdash kills this AC Bonus with True Mastery, so its a tough decision. What is your favorite Weapon Style?
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:50 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I like Single Weapon Style and Sword & Shield (Think that's one) Stlye, myself. Never use 2 handed weapons, so that one's kinda gone.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:36 PM   #3
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I tend to use sword and shield style with my fighters

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:03 AM   #4
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

i dual wield with kensai. but others i usually use sword and sheild. a certain npc with a certain two handed sword are also quite powerfull
Old 05-21-2005, 10:12 AM   #5
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

It's not about what style is best, pick the weapon(s) you plan on using, and then just apply the style that fits best.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:32 AM   #6
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Dual wield kensai is just SO overrated and bastardized, especially with katanas. I like to switch it up, like kensai with dagger, hammer, or even axe. Sword and shield is also pretty sweet, especially with a Shield of Reflection and Cloak of Mirroring, so only melee attacks can damage you.
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:29 PM   #7
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalamar Stormcrow:
Dual wield kensai is just SO overrated and bastardized, especially with katanas. I like to switch it up, like kensai with dagger, hammer, or even axe. Sword and shield is also pretty sweet, especially with a Shield of Reflection and Cloak of Mirroring, so only melee attacks can damage you.
Cheese Fest!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, that is a good combo. Baldurans shield and the cloak work too.

But I personally like Single weapon fighting with my Elven Assassin...

[ 05-24-2005, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Kyrvias ]
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:30 AM   #8
Link
Jack Burton

I usually focus on Dual Weapon Fighting or Single Weapon Fighting. I've never put my points in Sword & Shield, don't know why.

*adds a note to his BG2 list*

Another one for when I've got a new computer and will be able to play BG2 again!

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #9
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sword and shield style gives you like 7+ extra AC bonus compared to what you get from dualwielding with a +3 shield. So what to choose. My barb chose shield. My kensai chose dualwield.

Then you gotta take into consideration what mods you get from the weapons and shields.

Also, using ranged attacks with a character that dualwields is a bit tedious.

[ 05-26-2005, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: el_kalkylus ]
Old 05-26-2005, 09:06 PM   #10
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Two Weapon Fighting all the way. Offense is the best defense and all of that crap. Not to mention that with IH, that extra attack becomes two. And you get all of the bonus of the extra weapon. IMO, the enemies in BG2 aren't dangerous enough damage-wise in order for me to go for a tank. If I need a tank, summons. If summons can't do, Jaheira with a shield can substitute nicely. It's usually only temporary anyways, and as I progress through the game, my firepower increases exponentially, while the difficulty of the enemies increase linearly, resulting in a lopsided battle.

Of course, with Tactics, the average difficulty of the enemies still increases linearly, with very hard battles every now and then.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote