Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2000, 01:38 AM   #1
Ta Ma Da Ran Lu

i'm currently doing the sewers quest and at the part when i havta retrieve some part of an artifact for the boss of the eyeless cult. so i open this tomb and out comes this shade lich. i killed him once but it seems he came back to life or something..he then proceeds to cast time stop and jus kicks the crap out of my guys.i think i encountered him about 3 times already..everytime he has very powerful protections against just about everything and always does the cheapass time stop spell..how do u kill this guy?

Old 12-10-2000, 07:58 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If you're having trouble with this guy I shudder to think of what might become of you when you put the pieces of the golden skeleton together. Don't know what level your party is, but essential spells you should use early are: True Sight, Breach, and something like Secret Word or a stronger type spell. Have your fighters hasted and the group separated as when he casts time stop he will usually follow up with a Symbol Stun/Death/Fear or something like that. If you can cast Power Word Stun this will buy you some time to hammer at him. And the ultimate antimage spell is Insect Plague, it will prevent anyone from casting spells. If Jahiera is in your party she should be able to cast it.
Old 12-12-2000, 01:20 PM   #3
Nathus

First off, the piece for the cult is past that room...have to go to the lower level of the sewers and kill a bunch of stuff.

Second..easy way to kill the Shade Lich...Summon some monsters have them sit next to where he pops up after opening the lid. have all party members stand away from the area. run one person who's hasted to the lid, open it up and run him back to party. monsters will fight the lich...time stop goes off, he obliterates monsters, then rush him with fighters, and cast whatever anti magic spells you can on him. Really easy. Just make sure your main char doesn't get mazed.