Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2002, 03:57 PM   #1
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Okay, I've just started going out with a girl I used to know. She used to be really funny. But now, she talks A LOT and it grates on my nerves. I haven't said anything, as I don't wanna hurt her feelings. It may be because I am her first MAJOR boyfriend, I know for a fact that she hasn't gone serious with anyone before. But I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Plz help, agony aunt... wait a minute, wrong Site!

But plz, what do I do?
Old 05-07-2002, 04:20 PM   #2
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Well That Has Just Happened To Me! The Exact Same Thing... Apart From She's Not Annoyin Me... We're Good Friends, Known Each Other For Years...
But Back On Topic, I Think Really That You Should Try And Stick It Out, You Don't Want To Ruin Your Friendship. But Being Honest, I Think That When She Starts To 'Natter' Just Jokingly, Tell Her To Be Quiet. But Make Sure You Are Smiling And Laughing At The Same Time So That She Dosent Think Your Being Mean. It May Sound Stupid, But I Think It Would Work! (Fingers Crossed!)
Old 05-07-2002, 04:22 PM   #3
Talthyr Malkaviel

*shrugs* If not... *grabs roll of duck tape*
Old 05-07-2002, 04:28 PM   #4
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

What Are You Planning To Do With That???
Old 05-07-2002, 04:30 PM   #5
Talthyr Malkaviel

He said someone wouldn't stop talking, I know of no quicker way than this... here let me prove my point [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2002, 04:30 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Not female, of course, but I do have words of wisdom to impart and questions to ask.

She "used to be" funny. Is she not funny anymore?

Which do you enjoy more--silence or her company? Is quiet worth the price of splitting with her?

The fact that her merely talking is aggravating raises a red flag, because if you are getting to the point where she gets on your nerves now what will happen later? Believe me--talking is the least problem you could encounter in a relationship.

Just take it easy and let her talk. Women like to be validated and have their thoughts and opinions heard. Besides, you just might like what she has to say.... [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:31 PM   #7
Chewbacca
Zartan

It actually takes less energy to just listen, which is what most girls want , than it does to talk. If your seriuos about this gal, then learn to listen.

My significant other can chatter for what seems like days, but it makes her happy that I listen so I do my best, except when I'm in a real critical part of a game and all my attention is on my monitor and she wants to discuss the price of fish overseas, well thats when I yell "I'm busy, leave a message!"
Old 05-07-2002, 04:34 PM   #8
Talthyr Malkaviel

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Okay, I've just started going out with a girl I used to know. She used to be really funny. But now, she talks A LOT and it grates on my nerves. I haven't said anything, as I don't wanna hurt her feelings. It may be because I am her first MAJOR boyfriend, I know for a fact that she hasn't gone serious with anyone before. But I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Plz help, agony aunt... wait a minute, wrong Site!

But plz, what do I do?
Well, now that I've used the duck tape, I'll try and impart something.
It's a common stereotype that men don't ever listen to anything women say, so only pay attention half of the time and she'll still be super happy you were listening even a bit.
[WORD FROM THE LAWYERS]
Talthyr will not be held responsible for any breakages of relation or your legs due to his advice, it is wholly your choice to take it, and he is allowed to refrain from giving out any form of contacting him to complain.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:57 PM   #9
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You know, a female opinion might help a little on this, instead of all you men ! But honestly, if youve just started going out, like maybe a few weeks, then break it off now b4 it gets too far and she really gets hurt. Like the guys said, just listen to her, if you want this relationship to work. You may find that what you thought was nice about someone totally whiplashes on you(like some annoying traits of my x...). But i've never been in a realtionship when either one of us has talked too much, so i cant give a personal outlook on it
Old 05-07-2002, 05:02 PM   #10
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I Dont BELIVE IT!!

Girls Always Say How Insensitive And Unconsidererate Men Are. All The Guys Post And Say To Just Lesten And Be Nice, A Girl Comes And Tells You To Ditch Her!!!!

DAMN WOMEN!