Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2003, 08:46 AM   #1
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Does anyone know how this is implemented?

thanks again!
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 09:26 AM   #2
StarVid
Elminster

What do you mean by implemented? If you mean, "how do you use it?", it's under his special abilities.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:28 PM   #3
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by StarVid:
What do you mean by implemented?
Ah, sorry - I suppose by asking it that way I meant how is it coded

but what i really meant was what does it do? (bonuses, resistances, penalties etc.)

sorry

[ 03-16-2003, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Armen ]
Old 03-16-2003, 04:33 PM   #4
StarVid
Elminster

I think it's the same as normal beserker rage (like in BG2): Typical combat bonuses, mind-affecting spells immunity, and probably a minor AC penalty. Though I can't be sure.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:24 AM   #5
Jan

As I remember it was crap. Tried it once and Minsc started smacking other party members. After that I've never used it.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:30 AM   #6
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Minsc has a different berserking ability. His is not quite like the Berserker Rage ability. His is actually a morale failure berserk mode, causing him to slip into total chaos, killing anybody in site. Tis best to use this when you send him off by himself.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 03:37 AM   #7
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterfingers:
Tis best to use this when you send him off by himself.
Sound advice - I gave this an experimental go and he was happily wandering around 'berserking' but once he'd run out of actual enemies he turned yellow and headed back towards the rest of us - he snapped out of it before he got close enough but the last dialog was "Minsc attacks Kivan" and with Minsc's AC of -5 and a missile modifier of -9 I think the otherwise coldly efficient ranger might have struggled!

(Minsc did take damage at the end but it was more like 5 than 15)

thanks folks
Old 03-17-2003, 10:26 AM   #8
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

It isn't great but it has its uses. It works nicely for things like sirens, or other monsters that like to take control or dominate your party members. Use it, send Minsc in and leave the rest of your party out of sight. I always found the Sirens near the cave with the flesh goloms to be annoying. They would have all my guys at each others throats so I just use Minsc and it becomes easy. Same with that thing on the top floor of Durlags Tower.

[ 03-17-2003, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 03:53 PM   #9
StarVid
Elminster

I use his beserker ability quite a bit, even with the party. If I have a large group of monsters to kill, I try to scurry Minsc to the other side of them and then turn it on. He attacks the closest thing, so he'll slowly kill his way to the party. By the time he gets near my party, his rage is over.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:48 AM   #10
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

I have tried to use the following strategy:
SPOILER
My main char and Minsc are the two tanks in the party. When I encounter spell casters with charm spells, I send the two tanks to attack. My main char wears Algernon's cloak, the anti-mindspell amulet from Ulgoth's Beard and boots of speed. When Minsc is close to the enemy he beserks. When the enemies are all gone, Minsc will try to attack my main character. He cannot catch my main character because of the boots of speed. If things turn wrong, and I need to snap Minsc out of his beserk, my main character uses the cloac to dire charm Minsc.

Eventhough this strategy works well, I do not use it very often. It costs a charge from my amulet and often the enemies are easily killed without protection from charms.

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane