Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2003, 07:09 PM   #1
svinto
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have tried (oh how i have tried!) to get the jaheira love story to work. but seeing how i've done almost everything in the game (except for the entire jaheira/harper hold quests.) i decided to swing by the grave yard and i bumped into bodhi. and she did nothing to jaheira. So my question is does this meen that the love story has ended prematurely? or is this due to the incomplete harper hold?

Is there anyway to check which love stories are active and can they be reactivated some how?

well loads of questions i s'ppose.

erm
svinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 11:30 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

First and foremost, welcome to Ironworks! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by svinto:
So my question is does this meen that the love story has ended prematurely? or is this due to the incomplete harper hold?
Bodhi only takes away Jaheira in chapter 6 if your romance has come far enough (read: after you've slept with her). So either the romance isn't far enough, or there is no romance. For the romance to get this far, you must have been through many conversations, as well as done all her quests (the Harper Hold being one of them).

Quote:
Is there anyway to check which love stories are active and can they be reactivated some how?
Yes, there are two ways: using the CLUAConsole or using Shadowkeeper. If you want more info, tell me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 12:35 PM   #3
svinto
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok. thanks for the help and the warm welcome. and i got some more questions.

1)can i check which lovetalk i am currently or check if the love story is still active somehow?

2)how do i find out which CLUAConsole-codes do what? i tried CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance", "Global", 1) to speed it up but it didn't seem to do anything. tried it several times and it didn't work any of em.

well thanks a bundle again [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2003, 01:11 PM   #4
madjim
The Magister

Question Mark

Check the romance number for Jahiera via shadow keeper - if ain't set at two - you done aggravated her and bodhi wont take her. It happened to me once - she was at three. I bumped her to two and bodhi kidnapped her no problem.

[ 01-21-2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: madjim ]
madjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 01:31 PM   #5
svinto
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hm it says i am at lovetalk 43 and
jaheiraromanceactive is at 1.
jaheiraromance is at 2992764.
what does all of this mean?
anyother numbers i should check?
I would like to do the entire monolougues so i don't wanna jump stuff or move ahead too much if its possible.

again thanks for all the help
Old 01-21-2003, 02:05 PM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Here we go... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by svinto:
1)can i check which lovetalk i am currently or check if the love story is still active somehow?
Madjim answered you this, all I can add is this:
In ShadowKeeper, under 'Global Variables', says JheiraRomanceActive 1, it means that you are still doing dialogues, and that the *real* romance have yet to start.
If it says JaheiraRomanceActive 2, it means that you are in the middle of the romance, and it should appear right after you've slept with her for the first time.
If it says JaheiraRomanceActive 3, it means that the romance is ended.

Quote:
2)how do i find out which CLUAConsole-codes do what? i tried CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance", "Global", 1) to speed it up but it didn't seem to do anything. tried it several times and it didn't work any of em.
In that code, the last number corresponds with a number in the love-talks. Writing e.g. CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","Global",29), it will trigger lovetalk 29. There are also some other codes when it comes to romancing, tell me if you want to know more.

Quote:
hm it says i am at lovetalk 43 and
jaheiraromanceactive is at 1.
jaheiraromance is at 2992764.
what does all of this mean?
anyother numbers i should check?
Lovetalk 43, eh? You're quite long in the romance, then. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Anyways, as I said, when it says JaheiraRomanceActive 1, it means that the lovetalks are still going strong, and that Jaheira has yet to really start loving.
I'm not really sure what the JaheiraRomance 2992764 means, and I'm not even gonna guess. Becuase from what I see, there is nothing wrong with your romance, and you seem to be heading out right. Just continue being nice to her, and have patience. Sooner or later, the romance will progress.

Hope any of this helps! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-21-2003, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 04:49 PM   #7
svinto
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
In that code, the last number corresponds with a number in the love-talks. Writing e.g. CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","Global",29), it will trigger lovetalk 29. There are also some other codes when it comes to romancing, tell me if you want to know more.
/end

erm. i was told that that code would set the timer (Jaheiraromance is apperently a timer as to when the next love talk appears according to shadowkeeper) to 1 meaning as soon as possible. made it work too at least once. i was just curious if anyone knew how to dechiffer the timer as to is it game time/realtime? and what are the figures corresponding to?
Or is this wrong?

what other codes are you talkin about? [img]smile.gif[/img]