Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2001, 01:06 PM   #21
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Barloc:
One of my classmates in P.E. was doing the situps, and than he farted while going up , yea, i fart too, but that was just funny

Fart humor is always funny!

They say a fart is the funniest thing a 12 year old boy can hear. I never really grew up, I'm 35 and it's still the funniest sound...lol.
Old 11-13-2001, 08:59 PM   #22
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mine does not involve alcohol - just extremely poor judgement.

Shortly after high school, I began taking martial arts classes. One night, I was sparring with the instructor when he kicked my high on the inside of my thigh. Not as devastating a blow as it could have been, but still close enough to hurt quite a bit.

When I got home, I was still limping. My mom asked what had happened and I just told her that "I pulled a groin muscle".

"Well, try putting some Ben Gay on it", she advised.

DO NOT DO THAT....EVER!!!
Old 11-14-2001, 12:00 PM   #23
Sir Mitsos
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Mine does not involve alcohol - just extremely poor judgement.

Shortly after high school, I began taking martial arts classes. One night, I was sparring with the instructor when he kicked my high on the inside of my thigh. Not as devastating a blow as it could have been, but still close enough to hurt quite a bit.

When I got home, I was still limping. My mom asked what had happened and I just told her that "I pulled a groin muscle".

"Well, try putting some Ben Gay on it", she advised.

DO NOT DO THAT....EVER!!!

That must have hurt...
Old 11-14-2001, 10:54 PM   #24
Cerek the Barbaric

It was so bad that I even ran pure cold water in the tub and tried sitting in it. Then I was freezing and burning up at the same time.

I was SOOOOOOO glad when the Ben-Gay finally wore off and I just had to deal with a sore muscle again. It didn't hurt NEARLY as bad as it had just a few minutes earlier.

But.....that is not the most painful "Ben-Gay" story I have. Just a couple of years before this happened, my dad, mom, and I went on vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC with my uncle and aunt.

My uncle was having a bad bout of hemorrhoids and - in a rush to get ready for supper one night - grabbed the Ben-Gay instead of the Preparation H!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2001, 03:39 AM   #25
Jorgenish
Elite Waterdeep Guard

err what is this ben-gay thingie anyways? what does it do?
Jorgenish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 08:09 AM   #26
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Well, the only really embarrassing thing I can remember was when I was about 14. I'd already 'developed' quite well and had gone swimming at a local hang-out to show off my lovely new bathing suit (as well as said 'developments'). Well, I was swimming along with the other teens and minding my own business....then, I decided to get out for a while and, as I stood up, the top part if my suit decided it didn't want to get out of the water. I stood there for a second before realizing that I had lost my top. Needless to say, I was a bit embarrassed, but the guys were quite happy.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
DragonMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 09:58 AM   #27
Cerek the Barbaric

Jorgenish,

Ben-Gay is a ointment that you rub on sore or aching muscles. It soaks into the skin and becomes very hot (warming the muscle, increasing blood flow, and easing the pain).

It can be uncomfortable even when applied to an appropriate area (arms,back,neck,etc). When it is placed on a "tender" area, the pain can be VERY intense.

Unfortunately, since it is absorbed into the skin, there is absolutely NOTHING you can do to ease the pain. You just have ride it out. It takes about 5 minutes before the "heating effect" wears off - and that can be a VERY long time.
Old 11-15-2001, 11:27 AM   #28
Jorgenish
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oh i see..a bit like what we call tiger balsam..
and what an odd name for such a product..im not overly homophobic, but if i was called Ben id take it as an insult hehe
Jorgenish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 12:35 PM   #29
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Well, the only really embarrassing thing I can remember was when I was about 14. I'd already 'developed' quite well and had gone swimming at a local hang-out to show off my lovely new bathing suit (as well as said 'developments'). Well, I was swimming along with the other teens and minding my own business....then, I decided to get out for a while and, as I stood up, the top part if my suit decided it didn't want to get out of the water. I stood there for a second before realizing that I had lost my top. Needless to say, I was a bit embarrassed, but the guys were quite happy.

Why do I keep scrolling back to this post to read it again and again?
Old 11-15-2001, 01:07 PM   #30
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:

Note to self: Invent time machine, travel back in time to when DM was 14 years old, watch swimming areas.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote