Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2004, 08:46 PM   #11
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I went to a Hooters once with my friends so we could watch a wrestling PPV over there, and it never crossed my mind they were whorish.

But what is the world coming to when people think women in Hooters are whores for being in shorts and a t-shirt, helping serve us our BBQ chicken wings and drinks while we watch our wrestling? It's not right [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2004, 08:53 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I've also been to several different restaurants where the waitresses had to wear a uniform, usually it's some type of dress or skirt, which shows some leg. And there is a place above a hotel in the town where I work at, is really cool because it is at the very top of this highrise, and the entire eating area slowly turns, so you can see all of the city, and the waitresses are dressed in these shiny Judy Jetson type outfits with short pointy skirts. Its like a theme. I thought it was fun and nobody was propositioning the waitresses thinking they could "score" when I was there. But then again I never had a personal conversation with any of the waitresses, maybe they could tell some stories about drunken asses, who knows.

[ 07-01-2004, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-01-2004, 09:11 PM   #13
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I hear that their buffalo chicken wings are awesome!

But I've never been to one...it's funny, though, because on field trips for my high school, the girls were always the ones that wanted to go to Hooters...I think they like the t-shirts.

As far as the restaurant goes...morally corrupt? That's ABSURD, and just shows more near senseless conservatism on the part of the source of that remark...

And I can say that on Ironworks...SO JUST STAY HERE AWHILE LZ!lol

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 07-01-2004, 10:01 PM   #14
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

I agree with you Ladyzekke, it's ridiculous the way people think about people who work at hooters. But I think they think that way because of the tops they wear; they're tight, white t-shirts, excentuating their chest, making guys want to ogle at them.....therefore getting more customers, but which are mainly guys.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 07-01-2004, 10:54 PM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have never been there, but have knowledge of what it looks like in there, especially from that news story where the dude was video-taping the wanna-be waitresses...tehy showed some footage of the inside working area on the report...Glad he got caught.

Anyway, there is nothing morally wrong with the restaraunt, and I think the girls have on enough clothing to be fine.

My wife will not let me go there, since she is the jealous type, and I am fine with that. There are enough places to go that I do not feel that I am "missing out". My favorite place to go is Italian, anyway.

Hey...remember Chi-Chi's mexican restaraunt? That is sort of the Spanish equivalent for "Hooters", in name. I did not know that until I went to Mexico.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:15 PM   #16
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hooters isnt even close to being like a titty bar lol, or the full nude versions in some states. More of a semi-yuppie type bar with girls in tight shorts. But I have to say even if they were dancing in your face in a g-string-who cares but you and them? If thats what they want to do and it works for some people then its thier business. [img]smile.gif[/img] And no I havent been to a titty bar in a bit over a year so its not like I own one. Though I really wish I did. Anyone have a few bucks to lend?
Old 07-01-2004, 11:53 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey LadyZ! We've got one in our mall and although I've never been there, Nacht says some of the guys he works with have and they all told him the food wasn't all that great,the only reason they went was to look at the waitresses.

That's not such a surprise, I mean if a guy is going to look, he's going to look, like you said. I suspect that it's because the uniform is so tight and short that some of them get the idea it's meant for more than dining. Obviously it's NOT but I think some guys just figure they can get out of line because of the name of the place and the skimpy uniforms.

I dunno, I used to think it wasn't the best uniform....LOL, but I never thought the waitresses were anything more than young women with good figures, exploiting the fact that they ARE young and well proportioned to make a a living by working there. Certainly they wear more than some of the kids I see at work these days!
Old 07-02-2004, 12:09 AM   #18
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Hmmm, never been to Hooters, but I think I need to go. Man, I love Buffalo wings! seriously, Buffalo wings may just be the best damn thing on the planet. Actually, at that point, I probably wouldnt want beautiful women serving the food and drinks, as I, personally dont want any members of the opposite sex to see me eat buffalo wings! It's impossible to eat those the right way, and remain clean! As for the women getting propositioned, I dont thinik it has much to do with the restraunt itself. They hire several beautiful women to be waitresses there, so of course it will draw males who are attracted to said gorgeous females. Now, if you bring that many females in that kind of "league" you're certainly going to draw a crowd of men, no matter what the sign over head says. Anyways, I dont think any less of women who work at Hooters, but now I really want some Buffalo wings! I should add that to the other thread about bad food. Awww, I'm so hungry! I WANT BUFFALO WINGS!!
Old 07-02-2004, 01:10 AM   #19
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Would love to go to Hooters some time. For the Buffalo Wings of course... just the buffalo wings.

What? Don't look at me like that. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2004, 01:55 AM   #20
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Why do so many people bitch and complain and protest about anything and everything! There's nothing wrong with Hooter's. I saw Fred Durst from LimpBizkit there once BTW. The food may be overpriced but that's it. The only thing that would make it a bad place is if they stereotyped against women who didn't meet the "requirements", thin body and big breasts. (Kinda reminds me of a Seinfeld episode). But I've seen girls of all shapes and bra sizes working there.