Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2003, 11:25 AM   #1
Zero Alpha

i just got a PayPal account and did the mail verification. problem is i cant find out how to pay for things. they have an extra verification thing, witch allows me to authorise transfers of any amount, but i dont want that ability on my account. all i want to do is buy:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=2143&

how do i just add the £15 to my account? or do i have to use the weird verification system?

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2003, 11:29 AM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I did the verification thing, and I think you will need it in order to put money into your account. You have to put money into the account first unless you use a credit card(I think).
Old 11-05-2003, 11:31 AM   #3
Zero Alpha

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I did the verification thing, and I think you will need it in order to put money into your account. You have to put money into the account first unless you use a credit card(I think).
so i have to let them take out odd amounts and let me spot them on my balance sheet? can i not just make some kind of transfer to my paypal account, and let the money go from there?
Old 11-05-2003, 12:13 PM   #4
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

You need to give them your bank account info for transfers of any kind.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:20 PM   #5
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
so i have to let them take out odd amounts and let me spot them on my balance sheet? can i not just make some kind of transfer to my paypal account, and let the money go from there? [/QUOTE]They don't take odd amounts out. They don't take anything out without you asking them. You have to do the verification process. They don't take anything out to do the verify, they put money in your account (small amounts, 5 cents or so) to verify that they can access your account.
Without verification, you won't be able to do anything.
I've had a paypal account for about 2 years now, and never had a problem, so go ahead and verify.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:30 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

As Harley said, to verify your account is real and active they make two deposits of an extremely small amount and you verify to them what those amounts were. You should be able to call your bank to get the info if they don't provide access to your account online. It's for your safety.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:07 PM   #7
Zero Alpha

ok thanks. i dont really trust my bank to send me a statement though, so im going to have to wait untill im home to varify

thanks anyway.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:29 PM   #8
Maelakin
Drow Warrior

You will be able to log into your paypal account to see when they have made the two small deposits. Then, call your bank and just ask them what the transfer amounts were from Paypal.

The reason this is required is Paypal will deduct money straight from your checking account and put it in your Paypal account at your request. They need to make sure you are who you say you are so that they aren't taking money from someone else's account.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:21 PM   #9
Zero Alpha

Quote:
Originally posted by Maelakin:
You will be able to log into your paypal account to see when they have made the two small deposits. Then, call your bank and just ask them what the transfer amounts were from Paypal.

The reason this is required is Paypal will deduct money straight from your checking account and put it in your Paypal account at your request. They need to make sure you are who you say you are so that they aren't taking money from someone else's account.
Thanks, i can see why they do it. my only problem is i dont trust Natwest to send me a statement as far as i can throw them. im sure i havent recieved one in at least 6 months. i doubt they would help if i phoned them either .

thanks anyway