Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How often do you stop and get a specialty coffee/tea drink?
More than once/day 15 53.57%
Daily 3 10.71%
4 times/week or more 7 25.00%
3 times/week or less 2 7.14%
less than once per week 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2003, 05:43 PM   #21
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Arrow

there is one that I prefer over any other, it is White chocolate, caramal, and capucinio, my husband bought it for me, and now i am hooked, other than that, I drink creamed and sweetend coffee, or sweet tea, which is less than 4 times a month
Old 11-03-2003, 05:46 PM   #22
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Coffee was made to be drunk black and hot!!!
Just like Halle Berry! [/QUOTE]No, she is more like coffee with a good bit of cream added [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 11:56 PM   #23
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Hot tea? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] Hot tea is for those who would like to drink coffee, but have commitment issues. [img]tongue.gif[/img] (note: Belle just read my post and is asking, "oh? Do I have commitment issues?" [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img] I might be sleeping on the balcony tonight....)

I drink at least 1 pot of coffee per day. Yes, 1 pot. I also drink coffee to get to sleep. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] For sweetening the coffee, I usually use normal sugar unless Sugar in the Raw is available. For smoothing I use flavored powder, such as hazelnut or chocolate, or a flavored syrup like raspberry--my favorite--with a small dab of whipped cream; for really special coffee, I use whole cream, but only sparingly.

I always prefer my coffee to be quite strong, like Vietnamese or Turkish (if you don't mind a few grounds now and then). Like most garnishes or drinks, coffee must be chosen carefully to complement the dinner you are having. Coffee is an art!

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:07 AM   #24
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I gave up on drinking coffee about 17 years ago. Two things happened in short order that made me step back.

The first, and simplest, was that at my grandfather's machine shop, where I worked, I realized I was drinking two pots of coffee every day... by myself... before nine in the morning. I began to realize I had a problem...

The second, and most complex, stemmed from my sophomore year at University. My roommate and I lived in room 704. That's the second room from the eastern end of the dorm hall on the 7th floor. We had community bathrooms in the middle. In October, for midterms, we made a pot of coffee to help us get through, but neither one being big coffee drinkers, we only drank about half the pot. And we were too busy to take it down the hall (all the way down the hall!) to the bathroom to empty it. We were also too nice to pour it out of the 7th floor window, too.

Midterms came and went. Coffee sat there.

Thanksgiving came and went. Coffee sat there.

Christmas came and went. Coffee sat there.

Midwinter break came and went. Coffee sat there.

Spring break came and went. Coffee sat there.

Easter came and went. Coffee sat there.

Now it's April, and we're moving out of the dorm. Someone has got to empty the coffeepot!

Here's the part that turned me off. Here we are, six months later, with this coffee still in the coffee pot. And after six months of percolation and fermentation, the coffee looks like....

... coffee!

Yep, that's right. It looks just like coffee, fresh-brewed. No mold, no fur coat, no slimy stuff growing on it... just like coffee.

And I drank that stuff six months ago. And mold won't even grow in it. And I drank it. [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

I've never looked at a pot of coffee the same way since. We never figured out why it happened, and we never tried to figure it out, either. It may have been the frog that used to live in the coffee pot, but we're not sure. And we're not investigating, either.

But I still drink tea and cocoa. Usually not in the same cup, though [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:32 AM   #25
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Tch, excuse me, as an avid starbucks drinker and proud soon-to-be-owner of the Starbucks Duetto visa card, I must say that there is NO drink at the place that costs over 5$ US... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Don't believe me, go check, the most expensive is a Venti White Mocha, $4.30! HAH!

But anyway, i answered 3 times a week or less. Mostly because going more than that gets expensive [img]tongue.gif[/img] . So i usually go to the one on the corner during a break in college then once on the weekend. What i get depends on the weather and how im feeling ect...usually an iced/hot caramel macciato or white mocha...toffee nut lattes when they're in, same with peppermint mocha. Sometimes i get a tazo chai too, but i bought some of that for home anyway. Plus, my metabolisim is so high i can splurge on that stuff and plunk my butt in chair all day and burn calories, mwahaha

Edit: also thought i'd add that i drink just plain coffee in the morning and at night if i'm at home. Yes, plain, it can be ich...but i needs it...

[ 11-04-2003, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Lady Blue03 ]
Old 11-04-2003, 02:26 AM   #26
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm a practical coffee-drinker. I work part time (2 days a week, Wednesdays and Sundays, 8-hour shifts) in a espresso cafe, and my boss is nice enough to give us all as much free espresso as we want while we are working. So anyways, I only drink the coffee when I need a rush, and I'll only drink the coffee that will give a rush.
Usually I'll make a small, double-shot 'long black' (the New Zealand name for a basic 'espresso') with 3 raw sugars, let it cool for a couple of minutes, then gulp it down in one go. I'll have one of these when I start work at 8am, two more at 11am to get me buzzing (and I mean actually buzzing, my ears actually hum with all the sugar and caffeine and increased heart-rate) and sometimes another one at 2pm, to keep me going until the end of my shift. By the time I finish work I am absolutely drained, but it certainly is worth it because we get so busy that we have customers lined up to the door for about 2 hours straight (11am-1pm) on Sundays, so you need a fast mind and quick hands, which is what a good coffee rush will give you.
When not at work I never touch the stuff. It wrecks havoc with my metabolism and is way to expensive to actually pay for.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:00 AM   #27
Chewbacca
Zartan

I am a coffee addict. The title of this thread made my mouth water. Fortunately I have an expresso maker and chocolate syrup here in my abode, so I dont hafta pay no stinkun 5 bucks everyday for $tarbuck$-like tasty venti mocha.

MMMMM Mocha!!! Nothing like stimulating the pleasure centers of the brain to keep one young and vibrant. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2003, 08:46 AM   #28
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Coffee was made to be drunk black and hot!!!
Just like Halle Berry! [/QUOTE]I'd agree with that! [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2003, 10:15 AM   #29
Maelakin
Drow Warrior

Without coffee, I would never wake up!
Old 11-04-2003, 10:26 AM   #30
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
I'm a practical coffee-drinker. I work part time (2 days a week, Wednesdays and Sundays, 8-hour shifts) in a espresso cafe, and my boss is nice enough to give us all as much free espresso as we want while we are working.
I'd be jittering worse than Michael Jackson in Toys R Us. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Oh, sometimes I will make Cafe Cubano -- Cuban Coffee. Cuban espresso (I prefer Bustello) made old-style in a metal espresso maker and served about half and half with sugar (well, not really) -- mixed together when boiling, of course. Mmmmm good.