Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-06-2001, 05:55 PM   #241
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
oh that's a great one SAZ! good job! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks, Adam Warlock! Hey, did I see somewhere where you were asking for a sig as well? I didn't know if you were thinking of doing a new one yourself or if you were asking for others to try one for you. If so, I'd be glad to have a run at it.

To all others who have written: Thanks! Cerek and Lucre, it's a bit of a process, but it's simple once you get the pattern down. If you are seriously interested in learning how to do the "animated text" effects, I may put up a web page tutorial on this on my site. You'll need at least two programs: Paint Shop Pro and Animation Shop (comes with Paint Shop Pro). You can download trial versions of these at http://www.jasc.com/ To do the "special effects" like the beveling and the dripping letters, you'll also need Alien Skin's Eye Candy.

Let me know if there's interest for a tutorial on this. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-06-2001, 05:58 PM   #242
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Notice to Beaumanoir: I have not forgotten you! Please remind me what it is you wish for me to do, as the search function is not working. I know you want the text "Grindell" or "Grindall", one of the two (which I'm not sure which one it is), but did you have any other specific thing for it, as for color or accompanying graphics? I've torn this thread up practically looking for a post on it, but I think it was in another thread, and now with the search function not working, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Please post up here and remind me. I do want to get yours done. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-06-2001, 06:14 PM   #243
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Testing Garnet's Sig now:

Saz,

I just popped in (after a day from Hell) and was so surprised/pleased/tickled pink at the test sig!!! But my son promptly popped my happy balloon when he said the falcon looks like a pigeon. (does it really???) I mean, the head might be a bit small, but it's not like falcons hold the pose for long--and you've done an imense amt. of work! And in the text, it's FalconDance (capital "d").

Please do everyone else's before messing with this again, it's no problem. I am so honored at the work you've already put into it.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2001, 09:31 PM   #244
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

saz when u get up to mine which i then thee in advance for and im in no rush to get
email me at

devangil@yahoo.com

and ill reply with wat i want because i kno how easy it is to lose posts
Old 11-06-2001, 11:16 PM   #245
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

Thanks, Adam Warlock! Hey, did I see somewhere where you were asking for a sig as well? I didn't know if you were thinking of doing a new one yourself or if you were asking for others to try one for you. If so, I'd be glad to have a run at it.

Cheers,

go for it [img]smile.gif[/img] take your time
I've been busy of late so I haven't got time to do my own at Photoshop
Plus there won't be a name change... (emails never received ah well)
Old 11-07-2001, 04:59 AM   #246
Sir Mitsos
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks Saz, the sig is great!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2001, 06:34 AM   #247
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

It is great Sir Mitsos! Another good sig from Saz.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:05 AM   #248
tehmpus
The Magister

Saz, sorry to bother ya, but I don't notice my name on your list. Could it be that the God of WAR has been forgotten? Is this sorta like a forgotten realms dealy? I've got a request post further up on this thread. Pleasey and Thanx in advance.

So sayeth the God of WAR!
Old 11-07-2001, 09:21 AM   #249
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:

Saz,

I just popped in (after a day from Hell) and was so surprised/pleased/tickled pink at the test sig!!! But my son promptly popped my happy balloon when he said the falcon looks like a pigeon. (does it really???) I mean, the head might be a bit small, but it's not like falcons hold the pose for long--and you've done an imense amt. of work! And in the text, it's FalconDance (capital "d").

Please do everyone else's before messing with this again, it's no problem. I am so honored at the work you've already put into it.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

take your son to the eye doctor.. it looks like a falcon to me...