Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 05-20-2003, 02:59 PM   #11
Kaltia
Jack Burton

If it helps, I'm running windows xp prof., and this is the same PC as last time, and NWN ran fine on that (Gran: Thanks for the birthday wishes. I have an exam on my birthday, maybe you could wish me luck instead?)

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 03:42 PM   #12
philip
Galvatron

did you patch it?
have you done a defragmentation?
you might try a reinstall.

edit: i sometimes had trouble with my internet connections, as soon as any info was sent or anything it'd crash the game. with a firewall you can block all internet traffic so that can't be the problem

[ 05-20-2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: philip ]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 03:51 PM   #13
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

If you are running a GeForce card I am really going to bet it is the video drivers. Open Control Panel then inside of there open display. Click on settings at the top. About midway down it should tell you what type of video card you have. If it is a GeForce card you need to go to www.nvidia.com. the full link is http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_44.03 for the current driver. Select the Primary Download Site link and when it is downloaded install it.

Good Luck on your exam. [img]smile.gif[/img] NWN will still be waiting for you this weekend after you have aced the exam. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thinking I am really glad to be out of school,
Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 11:07 PM   #14
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I'd take Granamere's advice and attempt to update the drivers. Before you do anything drastic simply try a re-install of the game, making sure to locate your saved games and characters firstly and tucking 'em away safely (plus any modules you downloaded).

XP can basically be a bitch for mysterious lag issues. I have experienced the same thing once before but this was when I updated my video drivers...the whole game slowed to an agonizing crawl both on and offline, I simply reinstalled the game and it worked fine.
There is also a recent bug with the latest patch that causes the CPU to use 100% of it's resources on this game and for no justified reason - again, this is a bug.

Let us know how it goes!
Old 05-20-2003, 11:11 PM   #15
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
edit: i sometimes had trouble with my internet connections, as soon as any info was sent or anything it'd crash the game. with a firewall you can block all internet traffic so that can't be the problem
That's most likely a spyware issue, Philip.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:54 AM   #16
Kaltia
Jack Burton

NVIDA Geforce2 MX 400. Going to dl the drivers. NWN is annoying me...

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:12 AM   #17
Kaltia
Jack Burton

ARGH! BUGGERIT! *Descends into cursing* I downloaded the driver that fit my graphics card, installed the frikkin' thing and NOTHING plays now! WTF is the correct driver?

Old 05-21-2003, 11:41 AM   #18
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Nvidia does that all in one driver. It should figure it out for you. What seems to be the problem you are having? Does it crash or just not load or what? Was the name of the file you downloaded 44.03_win2kxp_international.exe?

Granamere
Old 05-21-2003, 11:45 AM   #19
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Yes, that one. Now, I've re-installed NWN, but when I go to play it tells me I haven't got the right drivers.

Old 05-21-2003, 11:57 AM   #20
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

On my computer he at work I am installing the driver also. My video card here is a GeForce 2 gts so it is close toy yours. Let me see if I can get the same problem here also.
Granamere

It seems to work fine. Again it is not a MX card but I doubt that would matter much. What is the exact error you are getting and when are you getting it?

Granamere

[ 05-21-2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Granamere ]