Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-24-2002, 11:43 AM   #1
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

How will my saving throws be affected when I dual-class? I've noticed that, when I dualed my fighter to a mage, his saving throws went up to that of a lvl 1 mage, but how will they turn out when I get my fighter abilities back? Will I be stuck with the crap sthrows that mages have or will the game choose between the lowest set of throws? Will it also choose the best THAC0 and APS?

Also, what HLA's will I get? Will they be part fighter skills and part mage skills or only mage skills?
Old 11-24-2002, 12:15 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

When you get your fighter abilites back, I think you will regain your fighter saves. But if not, you mage will get decent throws once hes leveled up enough.

As for HLAs, you will only get the mage ones. No GWW for you. But level 10 magic is easioy enough to make up for it.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:54 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

I don't know about HLAs but other stats, like THAC0, saving throws and so on work on the "better of" basis. When you regain your fighter abilities, THAC0 and saving throws will be recalculated according to the formula:

dual-class value = min(old class value, new class value)

Also, everytime you will level up, the formula above will be used. Therefore:
1. You "regain" your fighter's THAC0. In fact, the fighter's THAC0 will be better than the mage's one, that's why you get the fighter's THAC0.
2. You get a mix of fighter's and mage's saving throws because some saving throws of your old fighter will be better than the ones of your new mage and some of your new mage's saving throws will be better than the old fighter's ones. This will change in the future when the mage's saving throw become better than the fighter's ones.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:14 PM   #4
Annheiser
Manshoon

When you dual-class, you do not gain HLA of your former class if I recall. You can't realistically anyway since you've left the class to pursue another class.