Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-14-2002, 01:32 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Experimenting with my second game I summoned a familiar bunny, Nibbles. He can detect traps and has stealth. Which are decent abilities and I like having my own pet however he follows me everywhere. Will I be forced to going through the game with this bunny following me around or will it eventually get unsummoned? I am using the bunnys stealth abilities but I have to keep watching it during battles or it will go for the eyes during battle and do no damage, and just get itself killed which is a bad thing I believe.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 01:38 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Talk to him and tell him you want to put him in your backpack. [img]smile.gif[/img] He'll take up an inventory slot, but he'll be safe. You can bring him back out when you need him to do something.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 01:41 PM   #3
pritchke

Cool! You can actually do that? Thanks!
Old 11-15-2002, 03:13 AM   #4
Slizerio

My favoutie familiar is the Fairy dragon.
The neutral familars are practical.
They are: Squirrel, Ferret and Rabbit.
Beastmaster have find familar as an innate ability.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:48 AM   #5
pritchke

Fairy dragons are cool. Remember Newt from the books, always causing mischief he was and playing jokes. I assume they can turn invisible at will, or cast and detect illusions in BGII? Do you need to be a certain alignment mage to get the fairy dragon, and are the familiars random I mean I guess there is no way to actually chose your familiar without doing a little modifing of the files? Why can't Jan get a familiar? Is it because he is a multi-classed mage or just because he is an NPC?

[ 11-15-2002, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 11-15-2002, 12:25 PM   #6
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

npcs can't get fammilars(always made me mad cause i usually don't play as a mage) but proably because of party requirements(imagine a all mage party you, aerie, nalia, imoen, jan, kelsey now all cast find famillar you have 6 summons running around
Old 11-15-2002, 03:01 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
Fairy dragons are cool. Remember Newt from the books, always causing mischief he was and playing jokes. I assume they can turn invisible at will, or cast and detect illusions in BGII? Do you need to be a certain alignment mage to get the fairy dragon, and are the familiars random I mean I guess there is no way to actually chose your familiar without doing a little modifing of the files? Why can't Jan get a familiar? Is it because he is a multi-classed mage or just because he is an NPC?
Faery Dragon is for a Chaotic Good Mage. They can cast Invisibility 10' radius and something else now, I forget, but it's in the Illusion spell category. I think they can hide in shadows, too. He's also always after apple pie, if I remember.

-Sazerac

P.S. I think "Cat" is one of the neutrals...Chaotic Neutral, if I remember rightly.

"S"

[ 11-15-2002, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Sazerac ]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote