Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 03:32 AM   #1
Mervian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there a way to make a full installation of NWN2 [there's plenty of room in my disks] so that I don't have to insert the cd each time I want to play? -- I mean a legit way -- I just want to store my cds in a safe place and not worry about them any more...

Then, is there a way to prevent the game of putting a folder inside MyDocs? - I would prefer to store this foler in another place.

Any suggestions?

M.

[ 01-14-2007, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: Mervian ]
Mervian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The storage location is forced for compatibility with VISTA users.

There are NO stable no-cd / no-dvd cracks available at the moment. The ones that are currently in use are causing massive problems. AVOID THEM.

Hopefully, Atari / Obsidian will revise the code in the future to disable the cd/dvd in the drive requirement but I wouldn't count on it.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I do not have to use disks anymore to play the game (NWN, Sou, HotU), but I have no idea what I did to make that happen, and assumed that it was typical for everybody to be able to. I am amazed to see that its being asked about. I have not done anything but what the disks themselves allowed me to do. Nothing 3rd party.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

I havent tried with this particular game...But
Most games can be worked around using the virtual DAEMON manager, Basically you use a program like discdump frontend to make an ISO of the dvd or CD, and then use the daemon manager to make your computer think you have this file as a dvd drive. To use daemon just tell it what file you want to use as a drive and then disable your real dvd drive.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:57 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I do not have to use disks anymore to play the game (NWN, Sou, HotU), but I have no idea what I did to make that happen, and assumed that it was typical for everybody to be able to. I am amazed to see that its being asked about. I have not done anything but what the disks themselves allowed me to do. Nothing 3rd party.
I'm the same - I think with NWN one of the patches removed the SecuRom thing.

With NWN2 you're out of luck though. I wouldn't play around with no-cd cracks or anything like that because you could end up with the game not working.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:27 AM   #6
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

well, if by "legit" you mean you do own the game, while using game-image file and image mounting tool is ok...then, you only need to know how to make your game content into image files; once the image-making part is done, the latest daemon tool will take care of no-(d)cd NWN2 for you.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I'm the same - I think with NWN one of the patches removed the SecuRom thing.

With NWN2 you're out of luck though. I wouldn't play around with no-cd cracks or anything like that because you could end up with the game not working.
[/QUOTE]Amen!

Mess around with daemon tools and the no-cd and no-dvd cracks at your own risk. There are dozens of folks on the NWN2 forums who have done so and can't get their games to work anymore.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote