Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2003, 06:31 AM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

What an idiot!

Quote:
Dad arrested over trick-or-treat rage:

Father allegedly damaged woman’s house after candy dispute

MSNBC STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS

ANN ARBOR, Mich., Nov. 3 — A 43-year-old Michigan man was arrested Halloween night after he allegedly damaged a woman’s house because he thought she denied candy to his son. Ann Arbor police are calling it a case of trick-or-treat rage.

POLICE SAID the man was taking his son trick-or-treating Friday when the boy returned crying, saying a woman didn’t give him any candy. The man then confronted the woman, who said she had given the boy candy, police said.
The father and son, who is believed to be about 5-years-old, left but returned a few minutes later.
But before he allegedly damaged the house, the man gave the woman a piece of paper with his address on it and said, “Call the police,” the Ann Arbor News reported Sunday.
He then tossed a small pumpkin through a window, threw another pumpkin at the front door and smashed a bird feeder standing in the front yard, the newspaper reported.
The father stopped the attack and left the property after a neighbor saw the commotion and yelled at him to stop, the Ann Arbor News reported.
Police found the man and his son at their home, the newspaper said. The father was arrested on charges of malicious destruction of property.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:50 AM   #2
Skunk
Banned User

What was he on?!

Anyway, half of the fun of 'treak or treat' is the opportunity to play a trick on someone. All we did as kids as tricks was silly stuff, like covering door handles and knockers with washing up liquid (and mud if they'd been rude) - but never anything that caused actual damage.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:41 AM   #3
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

Thats why I always say commit the crime destroy the evidence.

(I had to edit because im stupid [img]smile.gif[/img] )

[ 11-04-2003, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: cloud ff7 38 ]
Old 11-04-2003, 09:49 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I was handing out candy to the kids that were coming by, and then a knock at the door produced like six kids, accompanied by one adult who were all very eager to get my candy. I began to quickly distribute the candy into the bags that were held out before me, but after I thought I had finished, I looked back at one of the smaller ones and could not remember if I had indeed filled his bag...so I asked him, "Have I already given you some"?, to which he replied with a nod of silently saying "yes",,,so I grabbed up another handful for him and said, "Well, here is another treat for being so honest". This made the woman that was supervising very smiley all the sudden.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:59 PM   #5
Sythe
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
What an idiot!

quote:
Dad arrested over trick-or-treat rage:

Father allegedly damaged woman’s house after candy dispute

MSNBC STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS

ANN ARBOR, Mich., Nov. 3 — A 43-year-old Michigan man was arrested Halloween night after he allegedly damaged a woman’s house because he thought she denied candy to his son. Ann Arbor police are calling it a case of trick-or-treat rage.

POLICE SAID the man was taking his son trick-or-treating Friday when the boy returned crying, saying a woman didn’t give him any candy. The man then confronted the woman, who said she had given the boy candy, police said.
The father and son, who is believed to be about 5-years-old, left but returned a few minutes later.
But before he allegedly damaged the house, the man gave the woman a piece of paper with his address on it and said, “Call the police,” the Ann Arbor News reported Sunday.
He then tossed a small pumpkin through a window, threw another pumpkin at the front door and smashed a bird feeder standing in the front yard, the newspaper reported.
The father stopped the attack and left the property after a neighbor saw the commotion and yelled at him to stop, the Ann Arbor News reported.
Police found the man and his son at their home, the newspaper said. The father was arrested on charges of malicious destruction of property.
[/QUOTE]I don't see anything wrong here. I believe the man had every right to do it. The "Trick or Treat" is there for nothing folks. You either give a treat or you get TRICKED!!! The woman did not give candy and she derserves what she got. You have to give candy on Halloween. It's a rule that has been standing for many years. Those that break the rules pay the price! Get it pay the price! Paying for the damages on her house *snort snort*. I stand on what I say even though the rest of you will strongly disagree with me.

If you know me, you must know by know that I am one lying bastard I didn't mean anything what I said above. I wonder what that man was drinking.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:51 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
I wonder what that man was drinking.
Hmmm... on our Friday night rounds, I got some kind of alcohol shot (don't even remember what, but it was smooooooooth), and some schnapps-spiked cocoa. I like my neighborhood...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.