Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 08:42 AM   #21
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

And, all together now, BREATHE, one, two, tha-ree, in-hale, two,thu-ree
Hey DM, can you puh-leeze send me the corruption test again, i think my computer enjoyed it so much, it ate it. i can see the file and it's size, but can not get it to do anything i call useful
BTW: re your back, have you ever tried Reiki massage? It works very well on things like fibro, sciatica, cfs type things where the direct pressure of the traditional swedish-style massage can cause to much additional pain. - testimony available on request..

------------------
Amanda's Dad

Official Pin-Up Girl Evaluator/Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-11-2001, 08:46 AM   #22
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
And, all together now, BREATHE, one, two, tha-ree, in-hale, two,thu-ree
Hey DM, can you puh-leeze send me the corruption test again, i think my computer enjoyed it so much, it ate it. i can see the file and it's size, but can not get it to do anything i call useful
Yup same here from the one you sent me J.J.
Come un DM cough it up. We all want to see what J.J's new score is goina be

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:07 AM   #23
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
I just wanted to let everyone that is worried about the 'atmosphere' here in Gen Con to know I am trying to get it back to it's normal happy self.
I decided to create a new forum for just 'War' threads. Many have become sick of these posts flooding up Gen Con, and I kinda agree. I have also closed some threads due to possible flamewars. I can sense the stress level here is getting WAY too high--I understand why, with all that has been happening lately, but we need to relax, and take a deep breath.
its just an idea but i think (only think) that putting up a war thread would be a great and bad idea... why bad?? well, if all those serious and sensitive people are placed in one place, i dont want to be there when they blow up. i think that kind of discussion area would take alot of checking out from the moderator and would take lots of time.

there is no NORMAL THING in the ironworks . this place is the best.

ps: love your post Moni

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-11-2001, 09:20 AM   #24
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

J.J. - No, I haven't tried that, but I'll see if I have someone in the area who can do that. Or is it something you can teach someone to do at home? (i.e. - my Mom would be willing if it would give me relief.) I've been doing exercises to re-strengthen my lower back muscles and that has helped some, but it still gets me from time-to-time. I've considered trying acupuncture and/or going back to a chiropractor, but I didn't know if these would be good things for sciatica.

Also - responded to you and Azure in the Corruption Test thread.

Z: sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread there.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:21 AM   #25
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Both a good and a bad day for me to be lurking here LOL...
It's sad to see so much tension but great to see everyone working together to bring IW back to being the great place it is.
I arrived with goodies to share. I hope you don't mind if I poof out of here after I post this, but I have school in the a.m. and I'm having too much fun to miss out on it because of being tired.

:Edit:

REMEMBER: WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

Have a beautiful day!

Moni, Glad too see you again. This was beautiful, Thank's
It is now a Quote in my office cube

Ziroc, sorry to hear about your mother. No word's can that I
can express will sound right when typed. It will get better though.

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...

[This message has been edited by Elif Godson (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-11-2001, 09:51 AM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ziroc,

Saw this last night, but was too tired to reply. Thank you. I know this is not an easy time for any of us and you must be taking far more 'heat' than I've been seeing. So I want to extend my sincerest thank you for all you do for Ironworks.

Moni, that's very nice. A friend emailed me something very similar a few weeks ago and we can all use such sentiments these days.

Az, I hope you feel better, buddy. Been a rough time, hasn't it? Go play that noise you call music and er..I'd say 'relax' but sheesh, you need earplugs to do that! HAHAHA.. Az, you are one of kind and I have to tell you, I'm glad to have you around!

Epona, Thank you! I was pretty overwrought and have had a bad week and especially the last few days. It suddenly hit me that I was most likely not the only one. Figured it was time to back up and smile. I have always liked your posts and admired your stand on many issues.

JJ, *giggle* You do many more takes on the genie's metaphor mania and I'll break a rib from laughing!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-11-2001, 09:56 AM   #27
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Az, I hope you feel better, buddy. Been a rough time, hasn't it? Go play that noise you call music and er..I'd say 'relax' but sheesh, you need earplugs to do that! HAHAHA.. Az, you are one of kind and I have to tell you, I'm glad to have you around!

Ah thanx Cloudy
Im off to bed now to go to sleep listening to some of that "noise" called incubus
Ill rest up and be back freshly rested to post tomorrow.
And beat 250 at pool!!!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:57 AM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

DragonMage, I have had sciatica trouble for several years (moving a faculty members things during office remodeling) and a moderately hefty fender bender (try a Chevy Suburban truck rear-ending my little Nissan Sentra) about 11 yrs ago, aggravated the condition. I've done some therapy classes but got lazy and didn't follow up. Some days it can be pretty bad. I really sympathize with you!

JJ, is that a commonly found type of massage?

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-11-2001, 10:05 AM   #29
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

JJ, is that a commonly found type of massage?

Cloudy

I know I'm not JJ, who will have much more information than I will, but my mum swears by Reike(sp) massage!
She had neck problems for years, then went along, because she does like trying out different therapies. The practicioner was able to tell her which muscles were causing the problem, and her first session immediately removed the immediate pain. She had to have several sessions, but now has much better posture as the muscles have been worked correctly.
My brother is also undergoing treatment for a neck problem.
Make sure if you go to a practitioner that they have been properly trained. JJ will know about this too, whether there is a system of certification or licensing

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-11-2001, 11:27 AM   #30
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Ziroc? Where are the flame-wars mostly? I only venture into:

Cloudy's
Lioness Castle
ALSB Temple or related
one or two interests...
My own posts

I don't see a lot of flaming, in fact none whatsoever in the above....

Please answer... THANKS!

P.S. Cloudy I see Sazarac has influenced your sig.