Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 02:50 AM   #11
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Hmm... Moni, you never cease to amaze me...

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened...

dang... its likee you were all targeting them to me... heehee as if...

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Old 10-11-2001, 03:16 AM   #12
Vampire

Ziroc? Where are the flame-wars mostly? I only venture into:

Cloudy's
Lioness Castle
ALSB Temple or related
one or two interests...
My own posts

I don't see a lot of flaming, in fact none whatsoever in the above....

------------------
Old 10-11-2001, 03:33 AM   #13
Har'oloth
Manshoon

Just trying my sig.

Sorry about that!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Har'oloth (edited 10-11-2001).]

Old 10-11-2001, 05:10 AM   #14
Epona
Zartan

Ziroc,
Thank you. You know at the end of the day I trust your decisions. The reason I trust them is because you don't get mad when people ask why you did something, and you are happy to explain your reasons calmly, yet firmly. You have my utmost respect for that. That is one of the many things that makes IW the great place it is.

Cloudy, thank you too for your understanding of my frazzledness, you are a true gem who I am glad to count as a friend.

MONI!!!! - Yay, how's school going? Great to see you, and I simply loved your post - I actually cried when I read it. Guess I am feeling a bit stressed, huh?
Take care and come visit again soon.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-11-2001, 05:21 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ziroc, I support you 100% on this. Awesome post!!

Just remember everyone, it is always darkest before the dawn. Just as the chill of winter gives way to the colour and vibrance of spring, so will this time of tension pass for us.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-11-2001, 06:09 AM   #16
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Ziroc, I support you 100% on this. Awesome post!!

Just remember everyone, it is always darkest before the dawn. Just as the chill of winter gives way to the colour and vibrance of spring, so will this time of tension pass for us.

I say, old bean, couldn't agree more, shot across the ol' bow, eh what, crashing good, old chap,let them blues bloody well have it, right in the metaphor tunnel where the light at the end of it is not ALWAYS the train....

------------------
Amanda's Dad

Official Pin-Up Girl Evaluator/Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-11-2001, 06:10 AM   #17
Grojlach
Zartan

...And to those finding Ironworks really strange lately (in a technical way), I'm probably to blame. The form tag I used in my sig wasn't appreciated by some browsers and apparently messed up the view for some, it messes with the tables UBB makes. Sorry sorry sorry.

[This message has been edited by Grojlach (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-11-2001, 06:35 AM   #18
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I just wanted to let everyone that is worried about the 'atmosphere' here in Gen Con to know I am trying to get it back to it's normal happy self.

I decided to create a new forum for just 'War' threads. Many have become sick of these posts flooding up Gen Con, and I kinda agree. I have also closed some threads due to possible flamewars. I can sense the stress level here is getting WAY too high--I understand why, with all that has been happening lately, but we need to relax, and take a deep breath.
and breathe, 1, 2,and thu-ree....in, 1,2,and tha-ree...breathe
I can't HEAR you breathe and 1,2,and thaw-ree..call the silence,2,3...
yeah, and when it rains it pours, so make sure your nose is not pointed too far in the sky when taking that breath, or you'll be hoist by your own petard, a medievil torture engine used here at IronWorks for holding the verbally vociferous in a very chafing sort of fashion using their own devices, which they have been left to, which is why they got into this mess in the first place, anyway, and don't run with those things in your hand - you'll put your eye out!...uh, sorry. what was it exactly we were talking about, anyway? :embarass:
juust kidding,
Dan, you mentioned a chronic back/hip pain thing goin' on? Sorry to hear about your mom, i cannot remember who actually said that the hardest thing about facing our own parents mortality is the loss of our own immortality - i hope i got it right, the simple ones i manage to screw up the most, seems.
is the pain result of trauma/injury, or more akin to fibromyalgia or cfs?
ever checked out a homeopathic or naturopathic health prof.? i got a bunch of q's, because i have a bunch of info, depending on which part of what category you are in. let me know
Thanks guys, I really hope you understand. I am trying to do the right thing.

i messed up this quote so badly, if it were a dessert i had baked, i'd be scraping the burnt stuff off so i could eat the mistake.. edit the final..nuts, pass the salt, please:eat:

------------------
Amanda's Dad

Official Pin-Up Girl Evaluator/Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.

[This message has been edited by J.J. (edited 10-11-2001).]

Old 10-11-2001, 06:58 AM   #19
Link
Jack Burton

Hey Moni!! Good to see ya! I totally agree Ziroc. I myself have been here for some time now, so I know what you're talking about. The situation here at GD has been very tense, and I know that from personal experience. We definitely need to change things back to normal, cos it was sooo ultimate cool back then.. Those trolls.. We should have some sort of Firewall to protect us from them!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Guns don't kill people, people kill other people.

So, therefore:
Nobody moves! Give me your wallet, I have a person right here!

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-11-2001, 08:26 AM   #20
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Moni!!!! Hi, there! But, why'd ya hafta go and make me cry this morning? It was 'good' crying, though. All good & happy tingly feelings.

And Ziroc, I am now glad you 'temporarily diverted' those threads. I see people coming back that I missed.

And I can relate to the back pain. I ended up with nerve damage and Sciatica as a result of the automobile wreck I posted of in your "fate" thread. Mine strikes from out of nowhere and often leaves me on my back for days. Plus, my Dad has developed medical complications that the VA is now investigating as related to Agent Orange exposure (which means I may end up with the same problems). Plus our work is directly linked to the aviation industry that has been so hard hit AND worrying about friends who have shipped out.

It doesn't make me NOT want to read and/or participate in threads about the current situation. But when I post to those, I then need a break and some fun. Now, I can go to the one forum and see what people think and feel and come back here to relieve stress. I think it'll be okay in the long run.