Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 01:53 AM   #11
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Call of home only works in outdoor locations. It will never work in any dungeon.

Likewise, Teleport will take you back to the portal you created *on this map*. It will not take you back to a portal on another map.

And sometimes, for reasons as yet not understood, your portals may cease to exist. It happens sometimes... and all you can do is to create another portal to take its place.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:33 AM   #12
Radek
Red Dragon

The Shrine belongs to the palces where creating a portal is difficult and highly unreliable. Even if you succeed with the portal and even if you check it by teleporting to it, even then you can find out later that the portal has evaporated somehow.

I don't know why this happens. You can create a portal there and teleport to it so that portals and teleporting aren't forbidden in the Shrine. When you cast Create Portal, you always get the "Portal created" message. Don't be mistaken, shit has been created in most cases, not a portal! In the rest of cases, the teleport does exist and is functional - now. Don't make any conclusions from it. Grrrrrrrr!
Old 05-21-2005, 12:35 AM   #13
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh my, my.........are you folks telling me that when I leave the "2nd 1/2 of the map" to go to Brimloch, the Shrine is the only way back to where I was............I went to Brimloch twice, and neither time did my teleport return me to the other 1/2 of the map..........not a big deal, but a bit of a pain in the arss. Frequently there is a lot of ground to cover..even with Athletics at 12..it takes awhile......well..thanks.. have a good weekend..........
Qiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 01:10 AM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Not exactly. The approach I use for traveling on that side is to create a portal wherever I am, cast call of home to return to BR, and then to teleport back to the portal when I leave BR. It works almost all the time.

If your portal fails, then you get to either go through the shrine again or tree-surf to get to the other side. Or vanish, as was discussed previously.
-+-+-+
Old 05-21-2005, 06:02 AM   #15
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did manage to "vanish" according to Radeks' post. Call of Home works just fine, but when I try to get back via Teleport....spell fizzles....How do you tree surf?? I was only able to do it once, by Suregeon (spelling) Castle..I walked on to the top of the trees from the high wall around the castle...not been able to do it since...tried a few times, but no go...what's the secret........thanks...
Qiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 06:57 PM   #16
bsftcs
Red Dragon

You have to stand in front of the town gate. Look straight up, press the forward and start jumping. After a few jumps you will get on top of the gate. The you can jump into the trees.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:20 AM   #17
Radek
Red Dragon

Once you occur on the 2nd half of the map, you'd better keep a portal there. Naturally, the portal will change place as you will proceed in your investigation but it will be always there. Now, travelling to the 2nd half of the map is no problem: cast Teleport.
Because it's a long way to the 2nd half of the map, I recommend always to check a new portal. Create the portal, save game, go a few steps away, and cast Teleport. You should be teleported to your new portal. If you are then you can rely on the portal and cast Call of Home [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2005, 02:01 PM   #18
JoChn
Dungeon Master

Hello. There is a quest where i have a "Empty flask" and "Spider egg" and from those two i must get a "Spider nectar". I have sold all "Empty flasks" (i don't know are wanted) and i can't buy them back. Where the "Empty flasks" appear all the time like a "Pick axe" in the "Stout mines" or where can i get these flask??
Sorry for my grammar but i know the english a little bit ;]
JoChn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:08 PM   #19
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, JoChn! May adventure in the Gael Serran bring you fame, fortune, and frolic [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Now, for your question.... first off, you *should* be able to buy the flasks back. You'll have to go to the right shop (wherever you sold them), and they should be in the shopkeeper's inventory. You may have to check all the guilds, and perhaps in both towns (Ishad N'ha and Valeia), but you should be able to buy them back.

Otherwise, it may be time for a little hacking... Wyvern, the moderator of these boards, has been known to hack an item or two, and she posted directions on doing it a while back. They may be in the Best Tips thread at the top of the screen.

And don't worry about your English. It's far better than my Polish (which I know, from experience... ). We're a friendly bunch around here, and welcome everybody.
-+-+-+
Old 05-31-2005, 01:08 AM   #20
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board, JoChn. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] You have been well answered I see. [img]smile.gif[/img]