Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2001, 04:24 AM   #1
MattFW
Welcomed New User

Hi all,

I've encountered what I think is a bug with my Wild Mage. Whenever I go to cast a spell, he walks up to the target area before casting. So if I fireball a distant target, he walks right up to the target then casts, meaning he gets caught in the blast. This happens with all ranged spells.

I've tried removing his equipment and putting it back on, no change there, and I can't think of anything else to do.

One other thing that may be important... After casting Polymorph self, he had polymorph options in his abilities menu for about 8 days of game time. He did get a Polymorph Wild Surge before then, so that might be it, but I can't be sure.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to fix the range problem? It's rendering the character pretty useless
Old 10-17-2001, 06:50 AM   #2
Tim Tam
Dungeon Master

This may sound silly, but he isnt blind is he?
Old 10-17-2001, 11:09 AM   #3
Nifft the Nimble

Sounds like he's blind.

If I recall correctly, turning into a pudding or jelly will blind you, right? So maybe use your Polymorph Self to go into one and back again?

-- Nifft, stumped
Old 10-17-2001, 11:21 AM   #4
Debaser

i've encountered a similar polymorph bug once....my guy rested after having cast it, but remained in shifted form and option to return to natural form wasn't listed.
so i recast polymorph self, and shifted him back to natural form, and rested again, and that solved the problem...try doing that. if indeed the range problem is related to his polymorphed state, that may fix it.
Old 10-18-2001, 01:34 AM   #5
MattFW
Welcomed New User

Ah, I was wondering if blindness could be it but couldn't see any indicators. Now, I've tried changing to natural form but it hasn't fixed it, does anyone know of a way I could use something liker Shadow Keeper to change the blindness flag? I see in the 'State Flags' tab it lists the blind state, but I can't work out how to override that state and remove it

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Old 10-18-2001, 04:31 PM   #6
MattFW
Welcomed New User

I just thought I'd let people know that A) I worked out how to change state flags, thus solving the blindness problem, and B) I think I know what caused it.

My primary character is Chaotic Evil (second time through, add some spice and I realised that he's blinded whenever Aerie casts Holy Smite. Holy Smite is meant to blind evil creatures for one round, but it seems to be permanent when cast on the character. So, no more smiting for her!

Thanks for all the help!