Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-20-2005, 01:40 PM   #1
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Just wondering after wiping off a film of dust from my good old W&W game.... has any new things been found in the game in the way of those legendary missing traits?...
Old 05-20-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I don't think anything has, but if you give a shout to bsftcs, he can let you know. Or search the forum looking for it... I forget where his thread is, exactly [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:00 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The old thread is here. And no - nothing has happened since last time you were here.

All we know is that they were programmed into the game, because via the trainer one can actually give them to one's characters. So the traits ARE there. And so far as I know they do whatever they are said to do in the manual. There is even a trait not listed in the manual, but no one knows what it does - not even Radek has found out to my knowledge. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It would be interesting to know exactly how the trainer activates these traits and exactly how and where they are programmed. It might give us an idea as to where they can be found or at least how they were meant to be found before omissions started to creep into the whole project.

[ 05-20-2005, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 05-23-2005, 02:41 PM   #4
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Does the game rely on one exe file?... maybe we can open the trainer with hex and try to find the corresponding portion of the game executable file....

I have no idea how this game runs if it's just off of one executable file or not but I just took apart another game with hex edit the other day to find a missing portion of a map that I was missing so I was wondering if we could do the same thing...
Old 05-23-2005, 05:48 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I have had the same thought, and I have raised it on page three of the earlier topic.

Unfortunately I am no wiz when it comes to hex editors, and I do not know whether any other board member has tried it. We did have a lengthy debate on the subject as you can see in the link. [img]smile.gif[/img]