Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-17-2004, 11:32 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
One beer, just one.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:09 AM   #12
Sigmar
Unicorn

Prevention's good for me.

I drink a couple of glasses of milk to line mah stomach before going out.

That usually prevent that feeling of wanting to die after a good night out.

Otherwise, drink some water before you go to sleep, and have some chips.

I dunno how anyone can drink anything alcoholic after a good night out. Hell, the day after last New Year's Eve, looking at characters in the film "Scarface" hold a glass of booze made me feel horrible!

[ 12-18-2004, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 12-18-2004, 05:24 PM   #13
spydar

Go for a big greasy meal either just before bed or right when you wake up. I've been told that drinking breaks down then mucus in your stomach and the greasy food helps bring it back. now I'm not a doctor or anything, but I swear this works. also popping a tylenol to take off the edge from the headache doesn't hurt either.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:31 PM   #14
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
One beer, just one.
Now THAT'S something I thought Johnny would NEVER say.

Don't they have pills out there to prevent hangovers?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-18-2004, 06:37 PM   #15
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Don't they have pills out there to prevent hangovers?
They don't work, at least not for me or any of my friends.

And we've scammed the government into paying for a variety of them, so I think we've sampled the spectrum [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

johnny's advice is the best for me -- also pouring as much water as I possibly can into my system before bed, i.e. along the lines of a couple liters.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:44 PM   #16
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
water B4 bed, a bunch of ppl recommended this, but the food that is shown to remove alcohol from you system is meats and cheese, what I do is gulp down a couple glasses of water and grab a ham samich.

and if its for the day after, more of the same

(altho I DO listen to loud metal and/or go play the drums when I have a don't have a "killer" hangover)

SilentThief
Old 12-18-2004, 07:55 PM   #17
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Make a greasy fry up, take one look at it and puke. Take a second look, eat one mouthful and feel your throat burn like hell from a whiskey overdose the night before, take a look at your watch and decide work is a nono, and then pick up a beer.

Works wonders.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:38 AM   #18
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Drink water the night before, try for at least half the ammount of water as the ammount of alcohol, obviously this depends on the percentage of alcohol in the drink.
Food the night before is good too, you can really do the most good at the time of drinking, rather than the morning after.
However in the morning grease is good stuff, as is cheese.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:33 AM   #19
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

It's been said before, but I must stress that you should drink a lot of water. Sure a few glasses of water before bed will alleviate the headache the following morning, but if you want to be rid of it all together you're better off just drinking as much as you're capable of. That's my experience, the times I downed almost a gallon of water before bedtime I always escaped a hangover, the times I get lazy and only drink a few glasses, I usually get a searing headache.

Apart from that, the by far best way to pass time when you're hung over is to sleep. Eat a good meal, drink loads of water, take a few painkillers, then go sleep for a few hours, headache will likely be gone when you wake up.

[ 12-19-2004, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 12-19-2004, 02:54 PM   #20
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Here's a lesson i've learned yesterday...don't switch to Coebergh after 4 sixpacks of beer. Guns have been blazing inside my head all day and it's still not over yet.