Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2001, 12:56 PM   #1
cfc3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Man that was a tough fight!!! It took me about 1.5 - 2 hours to figure out how to beat them! Only use Powerful parties!! Im warning you. But there is a way to beat them that works well for me. The only drawback is killing that vampire before he drains any levels
After that I find it to be pretty routine (though as with any battle, the will get you sometimes and you just have to retry). But the way I do it makes it VERY doable(sp?)!
Just thought Id drop a line in case anyone is having trouble with it. Let me know and Ill tell you how I do it. Im sure otherws may have better ways but man was that a tough battle!
Old 07-15-2001, 01:10 PM   #2
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Well done cfc3, it's no easy task for sure. Dunno how my solo thief is gonna cope, I'll cross that bridge as and when. Good stuff anyway buddy.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-15-2001, 01:26 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cavern Sniffer:
Well done cfc3, it's no easy task for sure. Dunno how my solo thief is gonna cope, I'll cross that bridge as and when. Good stuff anyway buddy.
Thief you say? I have one word for you.

Traps.

Lich: You will di- *URK!*

Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck! Thuck!

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.
Old 07-15-2001, 01:28 PM   #4
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

ROTFL.
He's used to dying, he does it for a living.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-15-2001, 01:29 PM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

I just cast haste on my party and the rune died really quickly shortly after.

------------------
"In Ankh-Morpork curiosity killed the cat, tied weights to its legs and then threw it in the river."

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB
Old 07-15-2001, 06:48 PM   #6
DarkTemplar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

With a solo mage i managed to take them out with only two things- a fully charged wand of cloudkill and a protection from magic scroll, simple read the scroll and fire away with the wand, you can then lead enemys through the gas to kill them (u will take damage, but nothing a ring of regeneration can fix )
The only really hard bit is fighting the vamp, so perhaps i should have taken a wand of fire too.

------------------
Those who ph33r the darkness have never seen what the light can do