Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2001, 03:03 PM   #1
Windshadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Just started this game this week and have advance to about lev 5 with a party of 6 and I just am on my way out of the crypt after getting the sword for the warrior quest and I jumped on top of the lift in F'Loki Ra's room and the lift stopped about 3 feet from the top and i can not move my party or free the lift

Help! I am 3 hours out my last good save as I thoughtlessly saved the game while stuck thinking a reload would fix it... it did not... I can fight and pick up drops from spauned monsters if they are within reach... just can not move... anything I can do... perhaps instructions on hex editing this save game to temp give a TP spell? I would remove it afterward as I only like to cheat after I finish a game to explore missed areas...
I am running a beta 1.0 patched version as it was the only way I could get it bright enough to see on my Geforce3 card...

Windshadow
Windshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 03:20 PM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Windshadow,

First time I've heard of "that" elevator getting stuck.

You could try sending me a zipped copy of your saved game (default location is C:/Activision/WizardsWarriors/save) and I can try playing it on my system to "unstick" you. And then send the re-save back.

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 04:48 PM   #3
Windshadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the kind offer Rick... but I will just replay I guess... 3 hours is not much and it really is not worth the trouble for that I do know better after all about saving in these games I just have to adopt an alternating save strategy for this one while I play... I have gotten lazy in my old age and was using just the one slot for this visit to the crypt and then over wrote it without thinking... now if I had lost a day or so that would be another thing! I just thought there might be simple instruction on fixing it my self.... (Love this game it reminds me of Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord ( the first Wizardry... I was one of its beta testers!)on my Apple][ back in 1979... I also worked with DWB on his Mac port of 6&7 tot he Mac about 8 years ago) I love turn based first person RPG and enjoy some 3rd person like Fallout... but hate Real time games... and just can't seem to really enjoy Balder's gate and it's like...

Windshadow
Old 07-20-2001, 05:06 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Windshadow!!!

Check out the BEST TIPS thread for some hints about building more powerful beginning characters by starting over numerous times.

Did you happen to go to TOWN between your last save and where you got stuck? If you did, you could revert your game to your last visit to town.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 06:06 PM   #5
Windshadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the kind offer Rick... but I will just replay I guess... 3 hours is not much and it really is not worth the trouble for that I do know better after all about saving in these games I just have to adopt an alternating save strategy for this one while I play... I have gotten lazy in my old age and was using just the one slot for this visit to the crypt and then over wrote it without thinking... now if I had lost a day or so that would be another thing! I just thought there might be simple instruction on fixing it my self.... (Love this game it reminds me of Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord ( the first Wizardry... I was one of its beta testers!)on my Apple][ back in 1979... I also worked with DWB on his Mac port of 6&7 tot he Mac about 8 years ago) I love turn based first person RPG and enjoy some 3rd person like Fallout... but hate Real time games... and just can't seem to really enjoy Balder's gate and it's like...

Windshadow
Old 07-20-2001, 06:11 PM   #6
Windshadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the welcome Boss... But each time I hit the back button it posted another copy of my msg and now I can not delete them Sorry!

Windshadow
Old 07-20-2001, 06:31 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Windshadow:
Thanks for the welcome Boss... But each time I hit the back button it posted another copy of my msg and now I can not delete them Sorry!

Windshadow
Dear Windshadow,

I just took care of the "replicates" for you. Looks like the forum is "burping" again...*sigh* Don't worry, it happens to all of us sooner or later.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 06:40 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Windshadow,
this is completely normal . Sorry. You have to reload. Xingal must be a fortune's baby if he haven't experienced it so far.
The elevator can get stuck in both modes. It can fail to reach F'lokis Ra but in this case you should be able to click the button and send the elevator down again. It can fail to reach the upper chamber (your case). This is usually the end. You can try Vanish spell as the last resort if you already have it.
Therefore, always save before entering this damned elevator. It's a wise decision to save again before sending the elevator down and going up on its top.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote