Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 04-06-2001, 10:44 AM   #1
Saberlayne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all,

...I am at the last room, of area 5, in Chapter Two, the Dragon's Eye. My brave party is questing for the Heartstone Gem. Thus far I have been riddled by a young girl who has finally drawn me to her lair, where she shape-changes into a hideous (...but well endowed) Snake Beast with multiple arms. My strategy ideas have failed miserably numerous times, and I was forced to retreat. My party consists of:

1 - Fighter (mace)
1 - Fighter (sword & bow)
1 - Ranger (sword & bow)
1 - Thief (sword and bow)
1 - Mage (spells & dagger)
1 - Priest (spells and hammer)

My strategy so far was this:

Pre-battle tactics:

Mage casts Summon I, and II
Priest casts Prayer, and Bless
Fighter (bow), Ranger (bow) and Thief (bow) form an arc just in front of doorway, but back a few paces out of the reach of the baddies.
Fighter (mace) knocks on the door, does the talking, then runs to protect Mage and Priest.

Actual battle unfolds like this:

The summoned monsters block doorway long enough to let archers kill snake archers. Fighter (mace) encounters Snake-Beast-Multiple-Arms, and he eventually dies. Mage fires everything she has into Snake-Beast-Multiple-Arms. Priest casting everything he has, mostly numerous heals.

Final outcome:

Death to all, except the Snake-Beast-Multiple-Arms!! BLAST!!!

...anyone got some strategic ideas that would fit my misfit band of adventurers?

Thanks in advance

------------------
Saberlayne ~(----
Order of Blayde
Saberlayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 10:46 AM   #2
Sir_Tainly

may I steer you to this post, as you may find it helpful

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/cgi-...ML/000755.html

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123
Old 04-06-2001, 11:03 AM   #3
Saberlayne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

...ah, excellent resource, thank you very much indeed Sir_Tainly!! This weekend shall reward my valliant band with the head of the Demon Girl, hah!!

------------------
Saberlayne ~(----
Order of Blayde
Saberlayne is offline   Reply With Quote