Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-31-2001, 11:10 AM   #11
AcePylut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is the "Cant use crossbows" restriction a part of the BG2 rules? Or, is it an AD&D canon rule that might not have been inputted into BG2?

Has anyone tried to get a dualclassed cleric fighter to test this? Perhaps I'll be the first to check it out b4 i possibly delete a character. I'll let you knwo what happens.

The way I read the book was like this, "If equipped with armour or weapons that the new class (Cleric) can't use, you won't be able to use any of the new classes abilities (spells and such)"

The way I interpreted it was, "If I'm using a long bow and plate armour on a dual fighter mage, I need to take the armour off and remove the weapon to cast spells" - "If I'm using a crossbow on a cleric I need to remove the crossbow from the ready weapon to cast Cleric spells"

Gees - I really don't want to go through Irenicus's dungeon again with a dedicated 'blunt' weapon cleric.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:27 AM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Anyone who has ever played with Anomen, will know what weapons a dualclassed Fighter/Cleric can use.

The most powerful one-handed weapon in the game is a blunt weapon, Crom Faeyr. Flail of Ages is pretty powerful too and becomes even more powerful in ToB.