Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 05-25-2003, 01:00 AM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm playing the OC and am in chapter 2 at the moment, and I've just returned to Port Llast from solving the werewolf mystery (I won't say where to exlude any potential spoilers). I've reported it to the dwarf in the temple, but whenever I try to exit the temple through the door, my game freezes while loading. I don't know why this is happening, but I've tried 3 (make that 4) unsuccessful attempts now. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

[ 05-25-2003, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 03:40 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Sounds like a video bug, mate. What card you got, and you're using the latest patch I assume?
Old 05-25-2003, 06:22 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I've had similar problems, and this is what I did: quick save in the temple, exit the game, reboot the system, then load the quick save and try again. It was a ram issue with my system then. I had a can't rest or save bug in BG2 when my ram was full, I'd just leave an area at an auto save and quit.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 09:31 AM   #4
Nanobyte

My video card: nVIDIA TNT2 32mb. There shouldn't be a problem with my card considering I've been through the same door several times before.

I assume I have the latest patch, 1.29? I've tried rebooting as well, same problem.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:30 PM   #5
Nanobyte

OK, it has gotten significantly worse. I've managed to roam around a bit, but my game is freezing more often, and not just during loading sessions either. I think it's beginning to corrupt my game files as well. I really need some help with this.

[ 05-25-2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Old 05-25-2003, 06:32 PM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Do you have the latest drivers for the video card? There's another thread about NWN lagging on the board, and she got to locking up too. Drivers were the fix there, other than that, you may want to uninstall and reinstall, in case there is a corrupted file. You should be able to keep your save games, just won't be able to run them until you get the update. I don't have a clue how to put posts in here, but I'll make sure it's on the front page.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 07:02 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well Kaltias problem was that she apparently reinstalled XP and so was running off the very basic XP openGl dirvers. Unless you did this or made any changes similiar to this (uninstallation of video card, roll back of drivers) then your problem lies elsewhere.

Another thing is 3d applications. If you use any heavy 3d rendering programs such as those you would use to model or design 3d figures/avatars it can kinda bug up your card drivers after a time. In that case a reinstall of the vid drivers will fix it.

Have you tried simply reinstalling the game, (saving your games) and then replaying it to see if it helps? You should prolly go ahead and reinst. the vid drivers too just to be sure.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:59 AM   #8
andrewas
Harper

I would suspect a chaching error, the fix for which would be to delete all the data in NWNs cache folder. Trouble is, I cant find one. Does anyone know where it is?
Old 05-26-2003, 01:25 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The temp folder for NWN's is NWN0, I imagine caching happens there too.

Now that I think of it, it could also be a hakpak causing you probs if you have one installed.