Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-22-2002, 10:39 AM   #1
Vampire

Hey I just wanted to see how people see China. I mean if i was to say to you "china", what images pop up in ur mind? I wnat to get an idea of people's perceptions of my country.

[ 08-22-2002, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Avatar ]
Old 08-22-2002, 10:43 AM   #2
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

Hey I just wanted to see how people see China. I mean if i was to say to you "china", what images pop up in ur mind? I wnat to get an idea of people's perceptions of my country.

My friend Esther, whose chinese, Indonesian, and German and speaks 5 languages. That's all I get when i think of China. That and a strange ugly carved wooden head esther got me from Malysia...it's supposed to ward of evil spirits-I named it "Boris" and nailed it onto me wardrobe door.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-22-2002, 10:46 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Mysterious country rich with culture.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:09 AM   #4
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

My friend Esther, whose chinese, Indonesian, and German and speaks 5 languages. That's all I get when i think of China. That and a strange ugly carved wooden head esther got me from Malysia...it's supposed to ward of evil spirits-I named it "Boris" and nailed it onto me wardrobe door. [/QUOTE] Right! Anyone else?
Old 08-22-2002, 11:37 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I think food is a very important part of my life, as I love eating food very much. The chinese way of cooking is very healthy and delicious. Chinese and Japanese is my favorite meals. Of course, I am not talking about the fast food version...but the authentic kind.

I also think about the floods over there in that area, and if anyone of our members are affected.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:43 AM   #6
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I only think on fireworks and it is alot of peoples living there.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:02 PM   #7
Moni

China: Overpopulated, one-child per home rule, boys are more important were (honestly) the first things that actually popped into my head.
Fantastic history, fascinating culture, the Great Wall, hills & river valleys (the big dam project ), great food, & woks quickly followed; right before New Year's, Dragons & fireworks.
We have plans to build a deck in the backyard with a stone grill that we can convert into a wok (removable grills that can be replaced with an actual wok). I won't allow it to be built unless I can have it that way lol.

EDIT: I hate stupid little typos that screw up a whole word lol

[ 08-22-2002, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 08-22-2002, 12:10 PM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

1 bilion people and terrifying abortion laws...
Old 08-22-2002, 12:17 PM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Eh, just single thought: "Not a nice place." It might very well be one, but for some reason the single thought that I get when I think of China is that I do not want to be there.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:34 PM   #10
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
1 bilion people and terrifying abortion laws...

Hi WillowIX, but can you clarify this please? I am not aware of any different abortion laws than here in Britain. I mean many people think China is awful place from information they got 5 or 10 years ago. but remember China changes rapidly everyday. [img]smile.gif[/img]