Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-15-2002, 08:44 PM   #1
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

new thread the other one was getting hectic so please continue we were just discussing the laws of drivers lobbing their cig ends anyone like to take this further?
Old 07-15-2002, 08:55 PM   #2
Moni

I'll add to this one by repeating myself from the other thread...if anyone doesn't have a local law banning throwing lit cigarette butts out of the windows of vehicles, they should contact their congressman and make an attempt (or two or three or however many it takes) to get them to act on making the law.
Its really dangerous and can hurt, maim, or even kill innocent people, not to mention the losses involved in fires caused by them, be they on the roadside, in medians, or in another person's vehicle.

Just in case anyone is curious, I am a smoker, I do smoke in my car and I keep the ashtray emptied enough to use it properly...there's no excuse for such negligence and irresponsibility.

[ 07-15-2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 07-15-2002, 08:57 PM   #3
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

i live in a small townand actually speak to my local mp on occaision ill inform her
Old 07-15-2002, 09:14 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, y'all won't believe what people throw out of their cars overhere.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:13 PM   #5
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I can't stand drugs. I hate it when people smoke around me. I hate it when my parents smoke in my house.

One question why do people smoke when they know the risks now?
Old 07-16-2002, 01:23 AM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Loumistro:
Don't know why people do illogically moronic things? Want to find out? Then just look at this simple sentence:

People are stupid.

The answer to why humanity is wrecking the planet, killing each other and generally just being so dumb that you'd think babboons could do better!
Old 07-16-2002, 05:39 AM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:

I agree, to a point. People who have been smoking since before the risks were publically known could very well be addicted. They might *want* to give up now they know the risks, but they can`t. What realy gets on my nerves is people who START smoking in full knowledge of the risks. I have often asked those people why they smoke and why the started; and the answers are always the same- they smoke because they like it, they started because they wanted to.
Interestingly enough, the people I know from school who smoke generally don`t do as well as they could in class. Coincidance ?? Maybe, but I don`t think so.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:42 AM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Just in case anyone is curious, I am a smoker, I do smoke in my car and I keep the ashtray emptied enough to use it properly...there's no excuse for such negligence and irresponsibility.
Unfortunately for things like that, there is always an excuse.
Old 07-16-2002, 06:04 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
If y'all really must know, i started smoking because i wanted to look tough for my bigger friends, and the first cigarettes were awful, i never cought more in my life. But after a while you get over that and actually start liking it, cause that's what nicotine does to you, you get addicted. Now i can't stop (i think) anymore, cause i'm too weak to even give that a try. So there !
Old 07-16-2002, 08:46 AM   #10
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
I can't stand drugs. I hate it when people smoke around me. I hate it when my parents smoke in my house.

you dont smoke do you?
its hard to understand unless youve smoked and tred to quit it is an excepionally difficult thing, ye many have no inkling of quiting but i guarantee the majority of smokers i know want to quit but cant. I know however one amazing method where a woman i know smoked 40 a day decided to quit and paid a hypnotist Ł80 and she never smoedagain its been 3 years or something now